There's a great scope after M.Tech as day by day development in every area is increasing. So it is sure that there will be great demand in this field and if we talk about monetary terms than you will get a very good salary package after your M.Tech because every firm need some specialized Engineers in their field to lead their Engineering team and an M. Tech person has higher weight age for this work.
Every engineering branch has its significance. It depends on the choice of the student. Today most jobs are available in service sector. EEE students are mostly absorbed in the core sector unlike ECE. Core sector means sectors like power. EEE has many opportunities and students are not opting for it due to lack of awareness.
Any engineering course has lot of scope. Any raw material to be converted into a product, it has to undergo many processes involving chemicals. Almost everything we use is chemically processed. India's top industrialists like Mukesh Ambani and others are chemical engineers. You can join any manufacturing industry and go towards research and development. A student of chemical engineer can also specialize in various fields like biotechnology, environmental engineering and others. If you want to move into service industry like IT, which has many branches, then functional knowledge is necessary.
Some hot fields where one can make his career after M.Tech are:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science (MM)
- Cross Departmental Programme- Materials, Manufacturing and Modeling (MMM)
- Studies in Resources Engineering
- Biosciences & Bioengineering
- Energy Science & Engineering
- Industrial Engineering & Operations Research
- Systems & Control Engineering
- Environmental Science & Engineering
- Technology Alternatives For Rural Areas