1.How to deal with international terrorism.
2.Should we pursue our policy of dialogue with
3.Is peace and non-violence outdated concepts?
1.A Unipolar World spells disaster for underdeveloped
2.Is Globalisation Really Necessary?
3.What shall we do about our ever-increasing
4.Corruption is the price we pay for Democracy.
5.Foreign Television Channels are destroying our
6.What India needs is a Dictatorship.
7.With media publishing and telecasting trivia,
censorship is the
need of the hour.
8.Kaun Banega Krorepati is less about knowledge but
more about money and personality.
9.Beauty contests degrade womanhood
10.The rise of regional blocs threatens independent
nations like India
11.Six billion and one bronze!
12.Is dependence on computers a good thing?
13.Should the public sector be privatised?
14.China and India are similar nations with
15.Is India a Soft Nation?
16.Value based politics is the need of the hour
17.Religion should not be mixed with politics
18.How to deal with high oil prices
19.Our cricketers are not to blame for match fixing
20.Why cant we be world players in industry as we are
21.Multinational corporations: Are they devils in
22.Should there be limits on artistic freedom (the
23.Should there be private universities?
24.Does banning fashion shows and New Year parties
save our culture?
1.Are Big Dams Necessary?
2.Films are corrupting the Indian Youth
3.A Gandhian State selling liquor is an anomaly
4.Bride burning and dowry may look bad, but are an
integral part of
5.Our Culture is Decaying
6.We are not serious about saving Wildlife/Environment
7.The education system needs serious reforms
8.The impact of MTV on our psyche
9.Showing Violence and Crimes should not be allowed in
films and on
10.Let us legalise gambling
1.Is management an art or a science?
2.The Rush for MBA is really a rush for big money
3.Ethics in Business are just a passing fashion
4.The objective of Management is to maximise profits
5.Do professional managers have a chance in our family
6.The Internet is an exercise in hype
7.Is an MBA necessary to succeed in life?
8.Family owned business vs professionally run
9.Smaller businesses and start-ups have more scope for
10.Dot com or doubt com?
1.The Wheel is Turning Round and Round
2.If I was the Finance Minister/Prime Minister
3.There is no right way to do a wrong thing
4.Group Task: How can we have Mount Everest in India?
5.Do Beauty and Brains Go Together?
6.When I woke up in the morning I saw…
7.A ship docked in harbour cannot face the storms
8.Up the Down Staircase
9.Just as we have smoke free zones, we should have
child free zones
10.Marriage is a social trap
1. The Internet chains have come on the wings of
technology but are no less restrictive for all that.
2. Secularism has become a tool to justify the wrongs
done by the
3. Media is a mixed blessing/How ethical is media?
4. To fight AIDs, stop being coy about sex education.
5. What should India strive for- Westernization or
1. Developing countries need trade, not aid.
2. Why do we lag behind China?
3. Capitalism is a very flawed system but the others
are so much
4. Flexibility of labour laws is the key to attracting
5. Is the business of business only business?
1. Reserving seats for women in Panchayat has not only
been a farce but
has distracted from developing a more genuine voice of
2. Have the nuclear tests of 1998 benefited or harmed
3. Voters, not, political parties are responsible for
the criminalisation of politics.
4. The voters are required to be well informed and
their candidates so that they can elect the right
aspirant by their own
5. India should go for the presidential form of
1. In our economic matters, there is an excessive
tendency towards the
thinking rather than doing.
2. Every cloud has a silver lining
3. Can the economy achieve an 8 percent growth rate?.
4. Is disinvestment really that good for India or is a
5. Are co-operatives relevant in today's globalised
6. Foreign aid is a dangerous drug that can stimulate
in small doses
become fatally addictive in larger doses.
7. Modern day sport in industrialised society is an
8. Government should clean its own hands before
pointing finger at the
private sector for corruption.
9. Is the NPA ordinance too harsh?
10. Reforms have to grow up.
11. The future lies with glocalisation .
12. Is the consumer really the king in India?.
13. Globalisation versus nationalism
14. Conditional access system for cable TV watchers:
boon or bane? 15.
If India is poorly governed, the reason is that we
have designed our
system of governance for protecting, if not
16. Commercialisation of health care : Good or Bad ?
17. For globalisation to succeed in India people must
be able to see
what is in it for them
18. Is the US economy headed the Japanese economy way?
19. Economic freedom not old fashioned theories of
to growth and prosperity
20. Markets left to themselves encourage greed.
21. For globalisation to succeed in India people must
be able to see
what is in it for them
22. Should businessmen run the finance ministry
23. Should important services like transport be left
24. Is there any point in having a business strategy
when the world
changes from month to month?
25. Is the patents bill good for India? .
26. Is the business of business only business?.
27. Globalisation is good for developing countries
28. Public sector being a guarantor of job security is
29. Is industryless growth here to stay ?
30. Capitalism is a very flawed system but the others
are so much
31. How can business get rid of the bad name that it
32. Government pumping money into the economy is not
the solution for
our economic problems
33. Business ethics are no longer a luxury for
corporates but a
34. How should privatisation proceeds be utilised ?
35. Is the budgeting exercise of any use?
36. Should agricultural subsidies be stopped ?
37. Will Mumbai's film industry ever evolve into a
38. Will market reforms enrich rich states further,
while poorer ones
39. Why do we lag behind China ?
40. Who says MNCs are superior to Indian companies ?.
41. Why not use a brand index to measure national
42. What we need to reduce scams is better regulatory
43. War rhetoric is misplaced in a country like India
which is trying to globalise its economy.
44. Trade can help the poor ?
45. The power ministry should cut off supplies to all
46. Steal a few lakhs and you're a criminal. Steal a
crores and you become an industrialist.
47. Should PSUs be divested through strategic sale or
public offer? 48.
The state is above the law?
Management Education Topics
1. Managerial skills learnt in the classroom can never
learnt from experience
2. Democracy is hampering India progress
3. MBA in India is highly overrated.
4. Religion is a private affair and should be of no
concern for the
5. Decreasing defense expenditure and increasing
social expenditure is
the need of the hour