1. What is JobMentor ?
JobMentor is a pre-assessment or employability test launched by Freshersworld.com to help a candidate measure his preparedness for a job. Based on the JobMentor score, candidates would be shortlisted for all the companies/positions that require pre-assessed candidates. Click Here to know more.
2. What is the format of JobMentor?
JobMentor consists of two parts.
1. A paper-pen test for Aptitude & Technical skills (optional).
2. A personal interview round for communication & soft skills. This is also video recorded for expert evaluation.
Click Here to know more
3. Can I retake the test if I am not satisfied with my score?
Yes, You can re-take the test after 30 days and improve the score.
4. If my score is low in one of the sectons, do I need to appear for all the sections again?
You can re-take any one or all of the sections. Your best will be considered for the final report. The cost of each re-take will be Rs 199.
5. How do I prepare for JobMentor and obtain a Good Overall Score ?
Appearing for JobMentor is like appearing for an actual entry level recruitment process. Please do not take this test lightly. Practice can get you an excellent score. You need to prepare individually for:
Technical Skill test
You will need preparation similar to placement preparation. The power Placement Preparation (P3) from Freshersworld.com would be of great help to achieve a good overall score. Click Here to visit the power placement preparation.
6. How & when will I get my JobMentor Score ?
Every candidate would get his JobMentor results within two working days. Your JobMentor results will be available on your Freshersworld account and you would need to log in to access it, or download it. Also once the result is uploaded, you would be alerted through an email / SMS.
7. How long is the validity for JobMentor Score ?
One year from the date of test/re-test.
8. My profile does not match any job requirement currently live on freshersworld.com, Should I take up JobMentor now and how is it going to benefit me?
This JobMentor score is valid for a year and every time a requirement comes up matching your profile you will be shortlisted for the same and your profile will be sent to the company.
9. What is the difference between Premium Membership and JobMentor?
Premium Membership is a way of demonstrating your seriousness to take up a job immediately. JobMentor score shows your preparedness for a job in terms of aptitude, communications & soft skills, and technical skills if any.
10. Can I subscribe to premium membership now and apply for JobMentor later?
Yes. With Premium Membership, you can apply to all the premium jobs now and increase your chances of shortlisting. You can take up JobMentor and get yourself considered for all the jobs that needs pre-assessment.
11. What is the eligibility for JobMentor ? (Can I take up JobMentor if I have less than 60% marks in my Engg. ?)
There are no eligibility criteria for taking the Jobmentor test. Eligibility criteria are set by the companies for their jobs and are the key for being shortlisted by them, even though you have a JobMentor score.
12. Why should I take the Technical Skill test which is optional?
Same companies hire freshers with some specific skills like programming languages or trainings attended. While shortlisting for such companies, along with the aptitude and communication skills, your score in that specific skill set also would be considered.
13. What are the skill tests available? How many skill tests can I take?
Currently there are tests for C, C++, .Net, PHP, Java, Networking & Database. We would be announcing more skill tests soon.
14. If I do not know any programming languages (technical skills), will JobMentor be of help to me ?
Some companies do not hire freshers based on programming knowledge. They would consider only the aptitude and communication skills to hire their talent. These companies typically have in-house training programs for programming languages (technical skills).
15. My engineering branch is not computer related, should I take the JobMentor test?
Yes, for candidates from non-computer branches, JobMentor is a good opportunity to prove your capability and get into IT or programming sector. Companies hiring for core engineering branches like Mechanical, Civil, Electrical etc also have shown a keen interest in pre-assessed profiles.
16. Why is my interview recorded ?
Your personal interview is video recorded to enable your video to be rated by a panel of experts from the Freshersworld.com back office. Along with the ratings, it would help you to evaluate your performance against various parameters and take steps to improve. The recording is provided to you along with your JobMentor score and could be used by you as a video resume.
17. Will my video interview be shared with the recruiter or posted on Freshersworld.com for public viewing?
Your video resume is accessible only to you after logging into your account on Freshersworld.com. Usually only your resume would be shared with the employers who shortlist you based on your interview rating. In specific cases, we may share your video resume with the employer, but with strict usage guidelines.
18. What is the pass mark for JobMentor ?
There is not specific pass mark or percentage for JobMentor. Candidates with the best scores would be considered, provided their profiles meet the company's hiring requirements. We have seen that candidates with an average and above average score have a high chance of getting shortlisted.
19. Can I take JobMentor if I am already having a job?
Yes, if your premium membership is still active, it is recommended that you update the 'Career Preference' and take up JobMentor so your profile will be in the pre-assessed pool at freshersworld.com.
20. How will I know if I am shortlisted for a company?
When you are shortlisted for a company, you would be given a phone call/SMS/email asking for your availability/willingness. Only if you confirm your availability, your test and/or interview will be set up with the company.
21. If I am shortlisted for a company which I do not want to attend, what can I do?
When you are shortlisted for a company, you would be given a phone call/SMS/email asking for your availability/willingness. If you are not interested you need not confirm, we will not schedule the test and/or interview with the company without your confirmation.
22. What would happen if I do not attend the test/interview after confirming my availability for a particular company?
If you do not attend a company's test and/or interview after confirming your availability, you wouldn't be considered for any other companies going forward. Your JobMentor status would be considered as expired and needs to re-take and renew to be considered further.
1. What if I need to cancel or reschedule my Test ?
Yes, You can do it before 2 days of your actual test date. Click Here to do so
2. When & where is the test conducted? How often? How can I apply?
JobMentor is conducted at various cities around the year periodically. Please check out the next test dates/times/venues and apply online here.
1. What is the fee for taking JobMentor ?
The regular fee for JobMentor is Rs 699/- (Premium Membership worth Rs 499 is automatically activated with this)
For existing Premium Members, the cost of JobMentor is only Rs 199/-
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at +91-8095668899 / 8095886333
for any assistance