Always make sure to check your location before registration. This is to confirm that the TOEFL iBT test is internet based test at your nearest location.
Check official website for Korea.
You can save $35 on future iBT test, by ordering the TOEFL Value Pack Premium, which includes test preparation materials, eight additional score reports. You thereby get $35 discount off a future TOEFL iBT registration for only US$199.
There are different ways to register for TOEFL:
- Online Registration:
- Online registration can be undertaken anytime during a day. It is important that you enter all the details correctly. It closes seven days before the test date. Deadline for registration is seven days before the test date. Late date for registration is three days before your test date and has a late fee of US$35 (not including the day of the test.
- All major cards are accepted. This includes debit/credit: American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® or VISA®. You can also use an electronic check (e-check) if you have a bank account in the United States or its territories.
- You can make payment using a registration voucher obtained from a local TOEFL iBT Test Resource Centre.
- You can get step by step guideline on how to register online for TOEFL at Use our step-by-step guide (PDF).
- Payment methods are subject to change without notice.
- American Express, Discover, JCB and MasterCard are NOT accepted for the following locations: Benin, Cameroon, Cote D'Ivoire, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Togo.
- Test takers who have disabilities or health-related needs that require them to bring equipment, beverages or snacks into the testing room, take extra or extended breaks, or require another accommodation must register by mail and need to follow the accommodations request procedures described in the Bulletin Supplement for Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-related Needs (PDF).
- Phone Registration:
- Make sure to review the Registration Form (PDF) before making a call and also make sure to spell your details correctly. Deadline for registration is seven days before the test date (Not including the day of the test). Late registration by phone closes at 5 p.m. local test center time on the business day before the test and has a late fee of US$35.
- Inside the U.S., U.S. territories and Canada, call: 1-800-468-6335 or 1-443-751-4862. All other locations, can call your Regional Registration Center (PDF).
- All major cards are accepted. This includes debit/credit: American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® or VISA®. You can also use an electronic check (e-check) if you have a bank account in the United States or its territories. You can also pay with a TOEFL voucher by phone.
- Registration by Mail:
- You can Download TOEFL form and fill out a Registration Form (PDF). It is important that you enter all the details correctly.
- The registration form of TOEFL will have the modes of payment mentioned. Please select the desired method.
- Send the form with your payment to the address on the form or to your Regional Registration Center (PDF).
- Forms must reach at least four weeks before your TOEFL test date.
- If you do not receive a verification, call the location where you mailed your paperwork at least three business days before your registration deadline.
- If you register by mail you will need to enter certain codes manually that are input automatically online. See Code Lists for Registering by Mail.
- Registration in person:
- In some areas, you can register for TOEFL in person at a local TOEFL iBT Test Resource Centre and/or buy test registration vouchers with local currency. Deadline for registration is seven days before the test date. Late date for registration is three days before your test date and has a late fee of US$35. Make sure to mention all your details correctly.
- If you do not wish to register at a TOEFL iBT Test Resource Centre, you can use a registration voucher online from any computer or on the phone.
- Walk-in registration at the test center for TOEFL is not allowed.