1: There is a toy train that can make 10 sounds. It makes 2 musical sounds after being defective. What is the probability that same musical sound would be produced 5 times consecutively? ( 1 of _____) ?
Answer: 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/32
32 will be the answer.
2: Peter and Paul are two friends. The sum of their ages is 35 years. Peter is twice as old as Paul was when Peter was as old as Paul is now. What is the present age of Peter?
Answer: 20 years.
3: The ages of two friends is in the ratio 6:5. The sum of their ages is 66.After how many years will the ages be in the ratio 8:7?
Answer: 12 years.
4: (There was a long story, I'll cut short it). There are 5 materials to make a perfume: Lilac, Balsalmic, Lemon, Woody and Mimosaic. To make a perfume that is in demand the following conditions are to be followed: Lilac and Balsalmic go together. Woody and Mimosaic go together, Woody and Balsalmic never go together. Lemon can be added with any material. (Actually they had also mentioned how much amount of one can be added with how much quantity of the other; but that's not needed for the question.) All of the following combinations are possible to make a perfume EXCEPT:
1) Balsalmic and Lilac
2) Woody and Lemon
3) Mimosaic and Woody
4) Mimosaic and Lilac
Answer: Mimosaic and Lilac.
5: A girl has to make pizza with different toppings. There are 8 different toppings. In how many ways can she make pizzas with 2 different toppings.
Answer: 8 * 7 = 56
6: A triangle is made from a rope. The sides of the triangle are 25 cm, 11 cm and 31 cm. What will be the area of the square made from the same rope?
7: What is the distance between the z-intercept from the x-intercept in the equation ax+by+cz+d=0. (I do not remember the values of a,b,c,d)
8: An athlete decides to run the same distance in 1/4th less time that she usually took. By how much percent will she have to increase her average speed?
9: A horse chases a pony 3 hours after the pony runs. Horse takes 4 hours to reach the pony. If the average speed of the horse is 35 kmph, what s the average speed of the pony?
10: There is 7 friends (A1,A2,A3....A7).If A1 have to have shake with all with out repeat. How many hand shakes possible?
11: There are two pipes A and B. If A filled 10 liters in a hour B can fills 20 liters in same time. Likewise B can fill 10, 20, 40, 80,160….if B filled in (1/16) th of a tank in 3 hours, how much time will it take to fill completely?
12: (Keywords): Sports readers,10 tables,4chairs per table, each table has different number of people then how many tables will left without at least one person?
Ans : 6
13: The ages of two friends is in the ratio 5:6. After how many years will the ages be in the ratio 7:8?
Answer: 10 years.
14: What is the distance of the z-intercept from the x-intercept in the equation ax+by+cz+d=0. (I do not remember the values of a,b,c,d)
15: An athlete decides to run the same distance in 1/4th less time that she usually took. By how much percent will she have to increase her average speed?
16. A man whose age is 45 yrs has 3 sons named John,jill,jack. He went to a park weekly twice.he loves his sons very much. On a certain day he find # shopkippers sailing different things. An cost 1penny, 2chocalate costs 1penny.& 3 bananas cost 1 penny. He has bought equal no. of apple, chocolate & banana for each son. If the total amount he invest is 7 penny then how many he has bought from each piece for his son?
b)1 app,2cho,3 banana
17. A scientist was researching on animal behavior in his lab. He was very interested in analyzing the behavior of bear. For some reason he travelled 1mile in north direction & reached at north pole.there he saw a bear .he then followed the bear around 1 hr with a speed of 2km/hr in east direction.After that he travelled in south direction & reached at his lab in2 hrs. Then what is the colour of the bear? I think ans is white
a)white b)black c)gray d)brown
18. In a particular city there are 100 homes numbered from 1,2,3………..100. Thecity was build by a builder from chennei. There was 45 shop in the town which was build by a builder from Mumbai. THE 2nd builder can build the in ½ time as compared to 1st builder. If the 2nd builder builds in 15 days,then how many 2’s are used by the builder from Chennai in numbering the 100 homes?
a)17 b)18 c)19 ans d) 20 c)19
19.MR dash has 3 sons whose ages are respectively a,b,c. The grandfather has bought a cycle for the eldest son, mother has bought a bag for the youngest one which cost Rs150/. The sum of two age of the elder son & one son is 15.The difference of age of sons is 3 & 2.Then what is the age of the eldest son?
a)10, b)11, c) 12,d)13
20. We all know that Arya bhatta is the greatest mathematics belongs to india . When his daughter Mayabati was in her teen age he discovered a problem. At that time the age of mayabati is a prime number,let that age is a. After some years her age becomes b. then Arya Bhatta was able to solve that problem wit the help of he mayabati. If a-b=5 & product of a& b is 26 then what is the sum of two squares?
A)77 b) 45 c)89 d)67
21.how many 13 digit numbers are possible by using the digits 1,2,3,4,5 which are divisible by 4 if repetition of digits is allowed? Ans:5 to the power 12
22. (40*40* 40-31*31*31)/(40*40+40*31+31*31)=?a simle calcutation
23. x/2y=2a,then 2x/x-2ay=?(some thing like this .very easy )
24. A big Question describing a story.After that a number is given eg 2880.by what if we divide the number it ll become a perfect square?Ans:5
25. 1st a story. Then a simple ratio problem. The question was if the ratio of age of two persons is 5:6,sum of present age is 33,then in how many years the ratio of their age becomes 7:8?
a)3 b)4 c)5 d)6
26. Mr behera wants to build A house for his wife. In this there are 5 rooms each having equal area. The length of each room is 4m,,breadth is 5 m. the height of the rooms are 2m. if to make a sq meter we need 17 bricks ,then how many bricks are needed to make the floor of a particular room?
27. A very big story.on Tuesday college parking place have only 4wheelers & bicycles,total no of wheels was 182,yhen what is the possible no of bicycles?
a)20 b 19 c 18 d 17
28. Simple question bt big one on average age.sth like a,b,c weigheted separately 1st a,b,c ,then a& b,then b&c ,then c&a at last abc,the last weight was 167,then what will be the avg weight of the 7 weight?
29. Arrange the jumbled letters to make a perfect word RGTEI(sth like this). Find to which category it belong?(not so easy,I was bt able 2 solve the problem .the number of the question was 34)
A)town b)vegetable c)animal d) bird
30. 3 persons a,b,c were there A always says truth,B lies on Monday,tusday,& Wednesday.but C lies on thrusday,Friday & saturday .one day A said”that B & C said to A that” B said “yesterday way one of the days when I lies”,C said that”yesterday way one of the days when I lies too”.then which day was that?
Ans: a Sunday b thrusday c saterday d.Tuesday
31.a long story & with in it a mathematical series present like
8 6 17 14 35 30 71 _ 143.
32. One man want to build a wall the length and breadth of the wall are 20, 30 respectively. He need 35 bricks for one square centimeter then how many bricks he need?
Ans:l*b*35(no of bricks needed for sqcm)
a)he can get one water millon for 1 penny.
b)he can get 2 oranges for 1 penny.
c)he can get 3 grapes for 1 penny.
Ans:2 water millon 1 orange 1 grape
34. 1/3 rd of a number is more 3 than the 1/6th of a number then find the number?
35. In Tnagar many buildings were under residential category.for buildings they number as 1 to 100. For shops, corporation numbered between 150 and 200 only prime numbers. how many time 6 will appear in building numbering?
For 1 to 10 - 1 six
2 to 20 - 1 six
Similarly upto 59 we utilise six, 5 times
from 60 to 69 (including 66) - 11 times
from 70 to 100 - 3, hence ans = 5+11+3 = 19
36. one grand father has 3 grand child.eldest one age is 3 times of the youngest child age.sum of two youngest child age is more than two of eldest one age.find the eldest one age?
Ans: 15(we can easily predict from options, as we take y as 15)
37.difrence b/w two nubers is 4.and their product is 17.then find the sum of their squers?
Ans: 70 (By using (x-y)2=x2+y2-2xy)
38. I dont remember exactly the question, one logical problem stating the colour of beer?
39. find category from following Jumbled letters, parakeet(answer)
40. which is the smallest digit when devides the 2880 gives perfect squre.?
Ans:5(we can easily predict from options, as we devides them with 2880)