|Do's & Dont's of emailing Resume.. !!
Today sending resumes through e-mails is the most effective
& fastest way of job hunting. If you notice your resume getting
rejected frequently and inadequate responses to your emails, go
through the following ten tips to increase the effectiveness of your
1. While applying for a job, as far as possible try to put
the company's mailID in the 'TO' column instead of keeping it in the
'CC' or 'BCC' column.
2. Do not keep any other company's mailID in the 'CC' of
the same mail.
3. If necessary you can keep your own mailID in the 'CC'
of the same mail.
4. While sending resumes to many E-mail Ids at the same
time, keep all the addresses in the 'BCC' of the mail which will not
be visible for the recipients. Also put your own mailID in the 'TO'
5. You can paste your resume in the mail Text or can be
attached as a document unless it is specifically mentioned.
6. While applying for any company's notifications, do
follow the instructions word by word.
7. When you are asked to write any particular 'subject
line', write exactly what is being asked to do. This is Very very
important because today all the mail boxes are attacked by spam
& virus mails and the recipient will be filtering your mails
automatically/manually based on the mail subject only.
For eg. When you are asked to write the subject 'Software
Engineer-Bangalore", write exactly that and do not write
"I am applying for the post of Software Engineer - Bangalore"
8. Also try to write the important part of your subject at
the beginning because in the recipient's mail box the longest
subjects will be truncated and only the first part will be
For eg. Instead of writing 'My Freshersworld.com registration
no. is cse12345' try writing 'cse12345 - Freshersworld.com
Registration no.'. Please note here that the company will be
looking only for your registration no. and it is better if you write
just " cse12345 ".
9. Pls note that all your casual mails with the subject ' Freshers
Resume' or 'Registration details' will be summarily
deleted and do not spend time on sending such mails where the
notification asks you to put specific 'subject'.
10. Do not send the mail 3 or 4 times in order to make
sure it reaches correctly which may irritate the recipient. Instead,
in the first mail itself put your own mailID in the 'BCC' and check
if the mail is received properly.