For a Great Resume!
Email your Resume!
Tips - my
to ASCII convert
Your Cover Letter!
Building a Technical Resume
Specific resumes for Indian IT Industry
How Can I List
experience without experience.
Build Resume for your First Job
On the Internet usually the CV’s are send via e-mail to
respective companies, but it is still important that you carry a
copy along with you during your preliminary interview.
- Use good quality paper for your CV’s. After all you are
describing your years of hard-earned education and experience.
Always value yourself.
- Never send a badly duplicated photocopy of your CV. Even if
you have to send a photocopy ideally use a good copier and
executive bond paper or other similar quality.
- Always remember to put your telephone no. If possible give an
alternate number of your pager/mobile or email no
- The section you should describe most is your work experience.
Ideally give your job responsibilities point wise with sub
headings. This would help to describe the matter briefly as well
as to the point.
- Ideally restrict your CV to not more than three pages. After
all you should have some matter to talk about during your
- Check for spelling errors and grammatical mistake before you
take a final copy of your CV as even a small error could cause
an embarrassing situation for you.
- Remember to mention any awards / promotion or other
recognition earned by you in your previous work experience.
- If you are a fresher than stress more on your education
section and also mention other additional qualification in
detail. Give a brief description about projects and extra
curricular activities undertaken by you.
- Include sections like languages known, hobbies and interests,
extra curricular activities, your positive points in brief.
- Remember to include the exact time spent in each company
supported by dates. Also give dates of completing each degree.
- Some companies do ask for photographs so carry at least
two-passport size photograph just in case you are asked to
- Select a simple font with appropriate font size to give
clarity and legibility to your precious CV.