We are a research group in the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, working under the guidance of Prof. Raghunathan Rengaswamy, Department of Chemical Engineering. We are a team of Ph.D. scholars and undergraduate students at IITM. The group is working on environmental monitoring with the potential to transform into a startup in the near future.
The intern will be enrolled as a project associate in the Department of Chemical Engineering at IIT Madras and will officially be on IIT Madras' payroll. The project is split into two phases - prototype development & deployment and field testing. Hands-on experience (projects) with electronics and hardware prototyping is a must. The internship is followed by a job offer, subject to the performance of the candidate.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Developing a hardware prototype for IoT nodes using Raspberry Pi/Arduino/NodeMCU; the nodes will be enabled with GPS & GPRS and will also have an array of sensors attached to it
2. Deploying the said IoT in the field and testing them - this would involve the candidate to assemble & deploy such nodes and validate the prototypes
Only those candidates can apply who:
1. are available for full time (in-office) internship
2. can start the internship between 16th Aug'21 and 31st Aug'21
3. are available for duration of 6 months
4. have relevant skills and interests
* Women wanting to start/restart their career can also apply.