1. Position: Group Leader/ Scientist
2. Education and Expertise:
(i) The candidate should have a Ph. D. degree in any branch of science with expertise and experience in the areas of ICGEB mandate. Applicants must have significant accomplishments commensurate with their career stage and should have proven ability to compete for extramural national/international funding and head a successful research laboratory.
(ii) Applicants must have a sound record of research and publications in above cited area/s, evidence of independent research achievements, ability to guide Ph.D. students and teach Ph.D. level courses as well as post-Ph.D. level training programmes will be an asset with ability and commitment to build a dynamic research program of international stature is essential.
3. Work Expectation: Candidate/s will be expected to conduct their own research programs, guide Ph.D. students and participate actively in teaching Ph.D. level courses as well as post-Ph. D. level training programmes.
4. Remunerations and benefits: The post is full-time. A 4-year contract with the initial year on probation will be offered, renewal subject to performance, and will foresee an attractive salary package within the United Nations Common System at a level commensurate with the incumbent’s qualifications and experience, including participation in the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund and international health insurance.
5. Language: Fluency in English is essential.
6. Duration: As per contract conditions
7. Duties: Under the direct supervision of the Director of the New Delhi Component, and the overall guidance of the Director-General