1. Name of the Post: Research Associate
2. Job Description: The research associate is expected to support cutting-edge research on topics/themes that are aligned with the centre’s vision, for instance, operations research and optimization, statistics, machine learning, graph theory and networks, with applications in the areas of finance, operations, marketing, economics, etc. Along with research support the research associate is expected to help with certain administrative responsibilities at the centre.
3. Required Technical Skills:
(a) Understanding of Business Analytics, Data Science, Visualization, Big Data etc.
(b) Basic knowledge of useful programming and spreadsheet tools such as R, Python, SPSS, etc.
(c) An analytical mind-set who enjoy helping participants solving problems and turning data into useful actionable information.
4. Key Responsibilities:
(a) The candidate is expected to provide support to centre faculty and post-doctoral fellows in conducting research in the area of Data Science and AI.
(b) Provide academic and administrative support (including holding of tutorial sessions, if required) during workshops and conferences.
(c) Developing analytical tools and techniques that can be applied on a variety of business applications. The output is expected in terms of research publications.
(d) Problem-solving aptitude – identifies/defines problems, seeks root causes, develops and implements various solution strategies.
(e) Help the faculty develop new course materials, assignments and case studies that may be required for the programme.
5. Required Qualification: A first class Masters degree in Statistics/ Operations Research/ Economics (with specialisation in Econometrics)/ Computer Science / Mathematics or a closely related subject preceded by a first class Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject. The Masters requirement can be waived-off for exceptional candidates.
6. Remuneration: Around INR 30,000/- to 40,000/- per month. The compensation can be increased for exceptional candidates