Applications are invited for the post of a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a research project funded by the Science Education and Research Board.
1. Post Name: Junior Research Fellow
2. Essential Qualifications:
i. Master’s (M.Sc.)/M.Tech. degree in Geology and related fields from a recognized University /Institute with a minimum of 60% aggregate or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 and above on a 10 point scale (overall percentage/CGPA/CPI; not only in majoring subject). The candidate must have Physics or Mathematics as a minor in B.Sc.
ii. In addition to minimum qualification, for all candidates, a National level examination like National Eligibility Test (NET)/CSIR-JRF/UGC-JRF/INSPIRE-Ph.D/GATE/Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship or any other Fellowship is mandatory. However, candidates having a M.Tech. degree are exempted.
3. Desirable: Field and data processing knowledge in structural geology Experience in working with Matlab/Pyhton programming and ARC-GIS
4. Job description: The JRF will be involved full-time in collecting, processing and analysis of structural and geological data, preparation of thin-sections and microstructural analysis, strain quantification and preparing maps using the ARC-GIS platform.
5. Duration: 1 year with a possibility of extension for another year based on performance
6. Salary: Rs. 31, 000 + HRA (as applicable)
7. Accommodation: According to Institute rules.