Applications are invited from highly motivated and team-oriented young candidates for Postdoctoral Fellow position at the atmospheric Greenhouse gas Modeling and Applications (GMA) group, Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences (EES) IISER Bhopal. The fellowships will be supported by the international grant, as part of the Standing Panel on Impact Assessment (SPIA) of CGIAR System Organization (a global research partnership for a food-secure future).
a. The GMA group’s research involves implementation of atmospheric greenhouse gas modeling approach to the Indian subcontinent. One of our research topics is about agricultural innovations and reduction in agricultural emissions in the context of rapidly increasing anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions and their impact on climate. Please visit our website http://home.iiserb.ac.in/~dhanya for more details. The successful candidate will be working on data from remote sensing, performing a systematic analysis of primary datasets, post processing and modeling.
1. Post Name: Postdoctoral Fellow
2. No. of Post: 01
3. Duration: Initially for 6 months, but extendable based on candidate’s performance
4. Profile of qualifications: Essential: Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Atmospheric Physics/Science, Remote Sensing, or related subjects with a sound knowledge in large data processing such as remote sensing and Modelling data in general. Strong background in Mathematics/Physics/Numerical methods with motivation towards Atmospheric Sciences Candidate should be proficient in English with strong command on writing research articles and communicating with the international scientists.
5. Desirable: Experience in Programming (like FORTRAN, C/C++, Matlab, Python, NCL etc.); Shell scripting. Handling of a large volume of data and conversant with data format like NetCDF, HDF, GRIB etc. Working experience in LINUX/UNIX environment
6. Salary: 49,000/- + 16% H.R.A.