No. DoRD/ADMIN/2021-22/009 Date: 07.07.2021
Applications are invited for the position of JRF under the Project titled “Machine learning based algorithm for predicting three- dimensional fractal structure of aggregated nanoparticles from microscopy-based images and application in characterization of ultrafine particulate matter”, in the School of Mechanical Sciences, IIT Goa.
i. The project is sponsored by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) in the frame work of Start-up Research Grant.
1. Post Name: Junior Research Fellow
2. No. of Position: 01
3. Nature of work:
The research fellow will be working on developing algorithms for predicting threedimensional structures from microscopy- based images, for characterizing particulate matter. There will be an experimental component as well, for collecting particulate matter from various combustion sources. The position involves data collection, code development, data analysis, and writing reports and technical documents
4. Duration of appointment: For a period of 1 year. It may be further extended based on the performance of the candidate and the availability of funding
5. Essential qualification: - M.E/M.Tech in Mechanical engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or other allied branch. - Exceptional candidates with B.E/B. Tech from the same branches may also be considered. - Candidate must be GATE qualified
6. Desirable : - Candidate with experience in scientific computing/optimization techniques will be given preference. - Experience on topics related to particulate matter would be beneficial.
7. Salary: Rs.31,000/- (as per norms)
8. HRA : 16% (as per the Govt. norms stationed at Goa)
9. Medical Benefits: As per the norms.