Advertisement No.: ICSR/PR/Advt.164/2021
Applications are invited for the following temporary post under the project titled “Exploring the potential role of poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) 6 in the development of hypertension induced cardiomyopathy.”, in the Dept. of Bio Technology, IIT Madras
1. Co-ordinator: Prof. Ninitha AJ, Dept. of Bio Technology, IIT Madras
2. Duration: Initially for a period of one year, extendable based on the performance.
3. Post Name: Junior Research Fellow
4. Qualification: MSc/BVSc/MTech in relevant areas Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests- CSIR- UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE. The selection process through National level examinations conducted by central government Departments and their Agencies and institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
5. Pay Range: Rs. 31,000/-pm + 24% HRA
6. Project description: This three-year DST/SERB sponsored project will explore the potential role of poly (ADPribose) polymerase (PARP) 6 in the development of cardiomyopathy. We will use knock out mice and cell culture system to study the role of PARP6 in affecting endothelial cell structure and function. This project will help develop therapeutic targets for the treatment of cardiomyopathy.
7. Requirements: Degree: MSc/BVSc/MTech in relevant areas UGC JRF/GATE qualified Comfortable to handle small laboratory animals. Enthusiastic to participate in research and well organized. Good verbal and written communication skills.