As an integral part of the team, the software developer will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, documenting and maintaining the software of a medical device and application.
The software developer should be a highly creative person with a keen eye for detail and will work in a team consisting of mechanical, embedded systems, electrical engineers to develop new products and advance the technology of current products.
Person has to be a self-motivated top performer ready to work in the dynamic and demanding environment of a rapidly growing small company.
Each employee can make a difference at Vasmed and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company.
We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals. Requirements
- Design, develop, and verify software based on medical device and customer requirements
- Create and write documentation in compliance with quality management systems and standards
- Contribute to all phases of the software development life cycle
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Support program team for development of new products and demos
- Follow established procedures and best practices, and develop new processes
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with regulatory requirements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Complies with CE, FDA regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Bachelors Degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum 1 year of experience with medical device software development in a regulated environment (eg. FDA, EU GMP, ISO 13485, IEC)
Experience in commercial software development in C, C++, Java
2+ years experience in a product development role desired (Fresher's with relevant skills and project experience may apply)
Strong OO design and programming skills in Java (J2EE/ J2ME)
Strong programming skills in Android,
Proficiency in Android UI design, socket programming.
Familiar with the Android SDK, iOS SDK (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core data, Core location) etc.
Familiar with SQLite, MySQL or similar Database management system
Understanding of other compiled languages
Good understanding of OO programming and design patterns
Ability to work independently or on a team, with minimal supervision, in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
Strong communication skills and ability to deal tactfully and efficiently at all levels of the organization;
Strong desire to be a part of a start-up/high growth company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast-paced, results-oriented culture.