The University invites application for the Ph.D. Programme under AICTE Doctoral Fellowships (ADF) as per the following criteria.
1. Name of the Post: AICTE Doctoral Fellowships
2. No of Post: 16
3. Students having Bachelors or masters degree in Science, Pharmacy and Architecture or desirous to pursue research in these subjects are not eligible to AICTE DOctoral Fellowship.
4. Eligibility for the Fellowship: The candidate must have secured the minimum percentage of educational qualification prescribed for eligibility as in Under Graduate and Post Graduate be 70% (69.5 % and above) for General/OBC candidates, whereas for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) be 65% (64.5 % and above). In the absence of percentage, the candidate must have secured minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 7.5 on the scale of 10 or equivalent at Bachelors and Masters whereas for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) it is 7.0 on the scale of 10. In addition to above, the candidate should have qualified GATE/ NET during the last 5 years. The students serving as faculty under TEQIP scheme can also be given preference for admission in this programme.
5. Duration of the Scheme: The duration of the scheme shall be for a period of 3 Years. Normally, no further extension will be granted. In exceptional cases the duration is extendable by 1 year as a special case only on fulfilling the minimum eligibility and on the recommendation of University as per AICTE ADF guidelines.
6. Rate of the Fellowship: The fellowship will be Rs. 31,000/- pm for the first two years followed by Rs. 35,000/- pm for the third year (subject to the upgradation from JRF to SRF as per AlCTE ADF Norms). HRA will be provic Government of India (Gol) norms.
7. The scholars already undergoing Ph.D. program in the university are not eligible for the fellowship from AICTE under scheme. However, only Research Scholars selected and admitted on the basis of this Advertisement shall be eligible for the fellowship.
8. Candidates currently pursuing Masters must have the Marksheets of all the semesters on or before the last date of the application.
9. Candidates called for interview will have to make a brief presentation of their broad research plan before the Selection Committee.
10. Further details about the ADF scheme can be obtained from the guidelines of the scheme available at https://www.aicte-india.org/sites/default/files/sdc/ADF%20guidelines%20August%202021.pdf
The candidate should be less than 30 years of age as on date of admission in the Ph.D.. However, age relaxation of 5 years would be applicable to candidates belonging to SC/ ST, women and physically challenged category in succession.