The following position under the project titled “Assessment of speech, communication, oral motor function and its clinical determinants among the patients with Post Burn facial and neck contractures” funded by Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) in the Department of Plastic Surgery JIPMER to be filled purely on temporary basis. Panel of experts will shortlist the suitable candidate after a written test followed by an interview.
1. Post Name: Junior Research Fellow
2. No. of Post: 01
3. Essential Qualifications: M.Sc in Speech Language Pathology or M.Sc/MASLP Speech Language Pathology and Audiology Valid RCI Registration
4. Monthly emolument: Rs. 35,960/- (including HRA)
5. Desirable Qualifications and Experiences: Experiences in speech recording and acoustic voice analysis Experience in scientific writing with proof of publication. Basic computer knowledge required for data entry and data analysis (SPSS) Good communication skills and proficiency in English and Tamil (Ability to communicate with patients)
6. Details of the project: Title: “Assessment of speech, communication, oral motor function and its clinical determinants among the patients with Post Burn facial and neck contractures”
Duration: 2 years Principal investigator: Mrs. Sindhusha Chandran, Speech therapist, Department of Plastic Surgery. Co-Investigators: Dr. Friji M T, Professor, Department of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Devi Prasad Mohapatra, Professor, Department of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Madhusmita Mohapatra, Associate Professor, Department of Pulmonary Medicine
7. Duties: Patient recruitment, assessment, data collection, speech analysis, statistical analysis, interpretation and writing up, publications / conference presentations related to the project.
8. Contract type: Contract / Temporary (Two years)
Not exceeding 28 years However, can be relaxed for women candidates/ OBC/SC/ST/Physically handicapped (PH) candidates as per norms.