1. Title of the Project: Energy Efficient and Latency Aware Cognitive Edge Computing for Disaster Management System
2. Name of the position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
3. Vacancy: 1 post
4. Emoluments (p.m.): Rs. 31,000/- p.m. + 24% HRA
5. Essential Qualifications:
a. M.E./M.Tech in CSE/IT/ECE/ICT or other relevant discipline or equivalent qualification with 60% marks or 6.0 CPI (on a 10.0 point scale) OR
b. B.E./ B.Tech. in CSE/ IT/ECE /ICT or other relevant discipline or equivalent with 75% marks or 7.5 CPI (on a 10.0 point scale) and with GATE/NET qualification. OR
c. M.Sc. in Computer Science or related discipline with 75% marks or 7.5 CPI (on a 10.0 point scale) and with NET/GATE qualification
6. Desirable Skills:
a. Understanding of basics algorithms and network protocol design
b. Basic knowledge of wireless communications and Internet of Things (IoT)
c. Work/Project development experience using Micro controllers (e.g. Arduino or Raspberry-pi) and software such as NS-3, MATLAB, Python etc. is desirable.
d. Basic knowledge of Mobile and Web application development is expected.
7. Period of Appointment 2 years (Initial appointment will be made for 1 year and further extendable subject to satisfactory performance for one more year). The selected candidate will be encouraged to apply for the PhD program of IITRAM as per the available guidelines.
8. Job Description:
1. Design and implement a novel and efficient network protocols
2. Development of IoT based edge computing framework for Disaster Management System (DMS)
3. Design energy efficient algorithms for task partitioning and for computational offloading of resource constrained IoT device’s workload
4. Use of complex analytics and machine learning concepts that help the system to better understand how the collected data is to be utilized in diverse contexts and situations before taking a decision
9. Sponsoring Agency: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
10. Principal Investigator: Dr. Ramnarayan Yadav
28 years. Age relaxation applicable as per Government of India (GoI) norms.