Applications are hereby sought from the eligible candidates for the selection of the following posts of National Tuberculosis Elimination Program (NTEP) under Kolkata District TB Control Society (Kolkata Municipal Corporation) on purely contractual basis, as per norms of State NUHM Society of West Bengal.
1. Post Name: Laboratory Technician LT
2. Name of the Programme: NTEP
3. No of Vacancy: 06
4. Monthly Consolidated Renumeration: Rs 22000
5. Essential Qualification: 1. Intermediate (10+2) 2. Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology or Equivalent from a Government recognized institute
6. Preferential Qualification:. One year experience in NTEP OR Sputum smear microscopy Candidate with higher qualification to be given preference like Graduate or Post graduates.
7. Job Responsibilities:
i. Follow the standard operating procedures for sputum smear microscopy, including sputum collection, smear-making, staining and reading the smears, etc. Maintain the Laboratory Register and report the results to the Medical Officer managing the patient.
ii. Coordinate with other staff to ensure that patients with productive cough for two weeks or more and symptomatic contacts of TB patients undergo sputum examination and receive sputum containers and necessary instructions.
iii. Promote AFB microscopy as primary tool for diagnosis of TB. Assist the MO-PHI in identification of MDR-Suspect and ensure collection and transportationof sputum specimens for Culture and DST as per guidelines.
22 - 40 yrs