The LMS Administrator role is accountable for supporting all aspects of the Synergy Academy Bigbluebutton Virtual classroom system. This role oversees the administration of blended learning training, Classroom Recording and reporting.
This role requires expertise in methodologies to measure and evaluate effectiveness of learning program curricula and learning solutions. The LMS Administrator supports the creation and delivery of the learning analytics/metrics strategy.
- Work on tasks and assignments dealing with the daily operation, use, and configuration of currently deployed Moodle - Bigbluebutton Learning system.
- Responsible for Bigbluebutton configuration, maintenance, documentation
- Participate in the integration (planning, testing, and implementation) of new technologies including Bigbluebtton updates and third-party supporting products.
- Serve as an escalation contact for support issues, including interactions with Bigbluebutton and other vendor support services.
- Create, manage, and enforce LMS standards, policies, and procedures.
- Provide high quality customer service.
- Provide knowledge transfer of Bigbluebutton & Moodle Learn skills for redundant and future support.
- Serves as a consultant in LMS products, functionality development methodology and application.
- Responsible for resolving technical concerns in all master, active and inactive courses supported by the SA Virtual Classroom.
- Provides in-person, online, and telephone technical support to faculty teaching online, hybrid and face-to-face courses supported by the SA Virtual Classroom
- Continuously analyses and evaluates implementation process and establishes procedures and time table.
- Responsible for batch creation of courses in SA Course ware
- Responsible for individual course creation in SA Course ware
- Responsible for populating course Masters into active/live courses.
- Responsible for enrolling individual users into live SA Course ware.
- Responsible for batch enrollment of users into SA courses.
- Responsible for proper user rights assignment to maintain proper system security
- Trains Recording staff in LMS system administration roles, and serves as a consultant to the Student Services Coordinators in their assistance to students
- At least 1 3 years of recent experience working as a Bigbluebutton administrator.
- Basic understanding of instructional design principles, practices, and/or theories.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Excellent customer service and support oriented-approaches to interaction are required.
- Knowledge of web accessibility issues
- Knowledge of standards (i.e., AICC, SCORM, LTI) and their implementation
- Basic networking and web server knowledge
- Ability to work under time pressures and deadlines. Physical and mental ability to maintain accuracy at all times while maintaining a pace of work necessary to meet the multi-tasking requirements of this position