Applications are invited on prescribed format for the following assignment in a purely time bound research project undertaken in the Department of Electrical Engineering of the Institute.
1. Name of the Temporary Post: Research Associate – 1 No.(Pr. Code: SR/19/EE/010).
2. Name of the Research Project: Design, development and prototyping of state of the art Hybrid Energy Storage System (HESS) based high power high speed Electric Vehicle (EV) drive train for a Multi Utility Vehicle (MUV)
3. Name of the Sponsoring Agency SERB-DST (IMPRINT 2)
4 Tenure of the Project: 07-Months
5 Tenure of the Assignment: 07-Months or Completion of Project whichever is earlier.
6 Job Description Job Description: i) Implementation of Control, Energy Management and Protection algorithms for high power Bidirectional Converters in C2000/DSP/ FPGA platforms ii) Implementation of Battery Management System Algorithms in C2000/DSP/ FPGA platforms iii) Assist the PI/Co-PIs in preparation of reports related to the research work iv) Other works related to the project
7. Consolidated monthly compensation / Fellowship: Rs. 47,000/- per month
8. Essential Qualifications and experience: The applicants should hold a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after Mtech/ME (Power Electronics/Drives/Control System/Industrial Electronics related specialization) with at least one paperin Science Citation Indexed (SCI) Journal. Those who have already submitted the Ph.D. thesis is also eligible to apply (attach proof of submission of Ph.D. thesis).
9. Desirable Qualifications/ Experiences Writing control algorithms in C2000/DSP/ FPGA for power converter control. Knowledge about different EV simulation platforms.
10. Accommodation: Bachelor accommodation in the Institute may be provided subject to availability.