We are seeking applications for a research associate position, with Ph.D., starting July, 2021 with the Centre for Digital Transformation at IIM Ahmedabad.
1. Post: Research Associate – Centre for Digital Transformation
2. Role Description:
i. The position involves working on different research projects focused on the key issues related to digital transformation. The candidate will work with predefined projects with faculty supervisor/s. Responsibilities of the research associate may include one or more of the following: data scraping, searching and creating large datasets, data analyses, writing, literature review, writing parts of manuscripts, running large panel data models, software coding, amongst other such activities involved in academic publications.
ii. Applicants should be well-versed with the key ideas underlying digital technologies and networks. The position requires the applicant to have completed a Ph.D. as an essential qualification.
a. Candidates with Ph.D. degrees in management/ information systems/engineering/computer science/mathematics or social and economic related disciplines are encouraged to apply.
b. Candidates with expertise and focus on running simulations, in the organizational domain will be preferred.
c. Candidates should be proficient in Python and R. They should be comfortable with creating large datasets, analyzing, and visualizing them.
d. Candidates should be proficient in running econometrics models. Prior experience working with panel datasets is desirable.
e. Candidates having experience in natural language processing and text analytics will be given preference.
f. Candidates should understand the scientific process, including being comfortable doing a literature review by reading and summarizing research papers as well as academic writing in the form of journal publications, case studies.
g. Candidates should have good oral and written communication skills in English.
4. Project Tenure: The appointment is initially for 6 months with a potential for extension based on performance.
5. Location: The selected candidate will be working from IIM Ahmedabad campus (exceptions may be considered, given the current situation). IIMA provides access to the library and computer center for all Research Assistants. If selected, the candidate is expected to manage their own accommodation, outside the IIMA campus which is centrally located within the city of Ahmedabad.
6. Reporting: The selected Research Associate will be reporting to Prof. Pankaj Setia, Chairperson Centre for Digital Transformation.
7. Compensation: The selected candidate will be offered a monthly stipend based on prior qualifications and experience.