Advertisement Number: SED/082021/05-B
Applications are invited from motivated and eligible candidates for Research Associate in an Indo-Danish joint research project entitled “On-farm demonstration and performance analysis of an off-grid renewable energy driven cold storage”, funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST),Government of India.
1. Post Name: Research Associate – I (Solar Energy Division)
2. No. of Post: 01
3. Brief about the project: The project aim is to design, develop and demonstrate a hybrid renewable energy-based on-farm off-grid cold storage of small capacity to address the issues of post-harvest losses of horticulture perishable commodities, negative impact of demand and price fluctuation of the products. The project seeks to address the issues in system performance, planning and implementation in collaboration with the Danish team from Aalborg University
5. Essential Qualifications: PhD in Solar Energy/Renewable Energy with background in Physics / Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical Engineering. Minimum two research articles published in SCI journals in the field of solar thermal / solar refrigeration.
6. Desirable: 2-3 years post PhD work experience in the area of solar refrigeration/solar energy technology development. Strong data analysis, interpretation capabilities and experience of writing up and disseminating research findings. Prior knowledge and experience in programming and working on TRNSYS, MATLAB, Python and ANSYS software. Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
7. Duration: The appointment of RA is till June 2022 or till project co-terminates.
8. Emolument: The remuneration (consolidated) for RA- I will be as per DST norms.