Role Description Senior Instructional Designer
We are seeking exceptional Instructional Design talent to be a part of our team. As part of the Instructional Design team, you would be working closely with other senior instructional designers, the business development team, Visual and Technology Architects and Project Managers.
The specific responsibilities you will be required to fulfill as Sr ID (along with the knowledge and skills you will be expected to possess) have been outlined below:
- Knowledge of learning theories and skills to apply the learning theories scientifically to create product definitions for eLearning courseware
- Knowledge of instructional design theories and skills to apply the theories for content mapping
- Basic understanding of visual design, commonly used tools like Flash and Photoshop (you are not expected to use these tools only a basic awareness of the capabilities of these tools will be adequate) and
- Basic principles of usability and design
At the pre-sales level, you will work with the business development and project management teams to respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs).
At this stage you will be expected to:
- Analyse the customer requirement
- Identify gaps in the information provided by the customer and communicate with the business development team to procure sufficient information to process the requirement further
- Create a product definition (to be submitted as part of the RFP) in collaboration with the Visual Architect and
- Contribute to the calculation of the effort hour estimate (for the instructional design component) that will be part of the effort hours required to produce the complete eLearning course.
3. Account Management:
- In collaboration with the business development and project management teams, you will be expected to contribute to account management on an ongoing basis.
- As part of your responsibilities for account management, you will be expected to:
- Review your output (and the output of other ID team members working on a given account) for quality, conformance to customer brief and fulfilment of customer requirement
- Create frameworks for the continuous analysis of the quality of output being generated in the account
- Co-ordinate with the project manager to analyse and discuss other proactive account management practices/measures specific to accounts and
- Communicate with customers in an succinct and accurate manner on a timely basis.
4. Core instructional design skills:
- You should possess the following core instructional design capabilities:
- Understanding of cognitive flow, chunking and sequencing of information in a manner best suited to meet the learning outcomes
- Creation of storyboards: onscreen text, audio narration, prompt text and instructions for developers and
- Review of storyboards (for cognitive flow, layout and visual representation, language and descriptions for developers).
- In addition to the above-mentioned knowledge and skills, the following skills would be preferable:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and interact in a professional, friendly and team-oriented manner with all company and customers personnel
- Ability to perform under pressure and maintain emotional composure under stress
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances and events
- Good writing skills, organisational and operational understanding
6. Education and experience:
§ Bachelor's or Masters degree in one of the following fields: Instructional Design, Education, Communication, Journalism or related discipline
- Knowledge of information mapping and eLearning design principles is mandatory
- Knowledge of instructional objectives, adult learning principles and learning theory is mandatory
- Three-Six years experience as an instructional designer in an eLearning company
Criteria for shortlisting:
- Relevant ID experience 3 to 6 years
- Customers worked for-International
- Experience in mLearning, Gamification
- Experience in Corporate learning (not K-12)