For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative, and humble people that want to make a difference.Position: Software Engineer – Office 365 DevOps.
Location: Pune, India
The Software Engineer
will report to the Director, CSPM Engineering
. Zscaler is looking for a Software Engineer I who possesses a balance of technical proficiency, business knowledge, with strong communication skills. The Engineer will work closely with customers to understand their technology and business needs, and then design scalable, highly-available, and resilient cloud solutions based on these business needs. The Engineer will work closely with other team members to implement these solutions for customers, this may include other Senior Cloud DevOps Engineers, DevOps Architects, and Security Architects as needed for customer solution implementation of Cloud services and solutions.
We develop innovative solutions that are transforming the internet security business, and millions of users rely on our service for data protection and comprehensive security. We also provide real-time analytics to our customers for unmatched visibility and maintain a state-of-the-art NOC. The development team works on web filtering, policy enforcement, next-gen firewall, sandboxing, DLP, and mobile user solutions. Being responsive to our customers and delivering industry-leading mission-critical solutions require precise engineering and a philosophy of continuous improvement, both areas in which Zscaler engineers excel.Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Designing and building infrastructure to support our Azure-based Cloud services and infrastructure.
- Creating and utilizing tools to monitor our applications and services in the cloud including system health indicators, trend identification, and anomaly detection.
- Automating system build-outs and the application deployment process.
- Working with development teams to help engineer scalable, reliable, and resilient software running in the cloud.
- Participating in on-call escalation to troubleshoot customer-facing issues (target rotation is once a week every two months)
- Enhancing the monitoring of systems, services, and hardware to solve problems before they become problems for our customers.
- Analyzing and monitor performance bottlenecks and key metrics to optimize software and system performance.
- Providing analytics and forecasts for cloud capacity, troubleshooting analysis, and uptime
- Technical degree (Computer Science or Math) or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ or more years of designing and implementing distributed architectures/applications
- Required- have hands-on experience on Powershell scripting for operational work
- Required – experience or should have understanding in Office365/M365 Secure score and Compliance score
- Required – experience in planning and configuration experience for SharePoint, Exchange, and Other Microsoft 365 services
- Required - experience in MFA, Conditional Access, ACL and other security policies and best practices
- Required - Candidate should have experience in troubleshooting Microsoft 365 issues
- Required - Microsoft 365 Certification - MS100 or MS101
- Preferred - Azure Certification Infrastructure Solutions
- Preferred - familiarity with Azure Resource Manager and JSON templates, Python, AWS Cloud formation templates
- Strong communication skills – must be able to communicate effectively with technical staff and executives
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies quickly
- 2+ years of cloud-based Operations background understanding concepts such as distributed systems, alerting, monitoring, logging, and incident management.
- Experience working with Git and Visual Studio.
- Experience with automation and configuration management.
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated, and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.