Job Title: Special Educator with B Ed
Education: Any Graduate with B Ed & Special
Educator Certification Course
Experience: 2 to 5 Years of teaching Special Children
- Employ special educational strategies and techniques
during instruction to improve the development of sensory- and
perceptual-motor skills, language, cognition, and memory.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet the needs of
students with a variety of handicapping conditions (physical and/or mental
handicap including MR, Autism Spectrum Disorder etc).
- Teach socially acceptable behavior, employing
techniques such as behavior modification and positive reinforcement.
- Modify the general education curriculum for
special-needs students, based upon a variety of instructional techniques
- Confer with parents, administrators, testing
specialists, social workers, and professionals to develop individual
educational plans designed to promote students' educational, physical, and
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures
to maintain order among students.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records, and
prepare reports on children and activities, as required by laws /
policies, and administrative regulations.
- Meet with other professionals to discuss individual
students' needs and progress.
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers,
counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students' behavioral
and academic problems.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their
children's progress, and to determine their priorities for their children
and their resource needs.
- Coordinate placement of students with special needs
into mainstream classes.
- Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior,
social development, and physical health.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to
evaluate students' progress.
- Instruct students in daily living skills required for
independent maintenance and self-sufficiency, such as hygiene, safety, and
food preparation etc.
Work Timings: 9 AM to 5 PM