Roles and Responsibilities: WWF-India is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to contribute to and deliver on WWF-India’s Climate Change and Energy agenda, which focuses on promoting renewable energy and overall low carbon development strategies, climate innovation, climate policy, climate change and cities, and impacts of climate change on ecosystems and species.
1. Post Name: Specialist
2. The incumbent is expected to have ability to multi-task and display strong result-oriented approach.
3. The Job Profile: Develop, and contribute to research activities and technical analysis related to climate change and energy such as climate innovation, scaling up of renewable energy, sectoral mitigation strategies, low carbon development, air pollution and climate change linkages, renewable energy impacts on biodiversity, etc. Developing policy/advocacy strategies related to energy and climate change issues at the state and national level
4. Contribute to field projects/activities on renewable energy promotion and improved energy access, and assist in scaling up of field initiatives Organizing workshops/meetings, preparing background documents and other relevant documents for wider dissemination and outreach. Responsible for meeting technical and financial reporting requirements for projects, as well as contribute to project related activities ongoing in the CCE division.
5. Qualifications, Experience and competencies required: Master’s Degree in Climate Science/ Environmental Science / Energy/ Natural Sciences or related disciplines, from a recognized university, OR M. Tech. in Environment Engineering/ climate change/ Energy or related disciplines, from a recognized university. Minimum of 5-6 years of experience in the area of Energy, Innovation and Climate Change
6. Experience of working with stakeholders in the Govt. and industry, esp. small and medium enterprises and startups Knowledge and proven experience of proposal and technical report wr
7. Remuneration will be competitive with Indian NGO pay scales and will depend upon candidate’s experience levels and the overall WWF-India salary structure. WWF-India does not provide housing, telephone or vehicle facilities.