To assist the faculty of the Institute in their teaching, research and work as an administrative interface with different facility providers of the Institute. Major areas of the Institute are: Centre for Management in Agriculture, Communication, Information Systems, Economics, Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Production & Quantitative Methods, Public Systems Group, Ravi J. Mathai Centre for Educational Innovation, Strategy etc.
1. Post: Academic Associates
2. Qualifications: First class post graduate degree (2 years) in any discipline with minimum experience of 2 (two) years in the area like Centre for Management in Agriculture, Communication, Information Systems, Economics, Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Production & Quantitative Methods, Public Systems Group and Educational Innovation, Strategy. The candidates having other qualifications like ACA, AICWA, Ph.D. / B.Tech. with relevant experience in the above areas will also be eligible.
3. Area Specific Qualifications: Candidates are also advised to see the required Area specific qualifications given in the next page.
4. Remuneration: Monthly consolidated salary of ₹31,000/- to ₹42,000/- depending on qualification, experience, merit and performance in the interview. No other allowances except TA/DA for official tour will be paid. In exceptional cases candidates with outstanding academic records with less than two years experience may be appointed at lower remuneration.
Duration: Initially for one/two years and extendable up to total five years based on annual performance review.
1. Centre for Management in Agriculture: Candidate must have a Master’s Degree in Development Studies/Social science such as Economics / Agricultural Economics / Development Economics / Rural management, Statistics, or any related field or MBA in agribusiness or rural with relevant experience. Candidates with outstanding academic achievements but without experience are also encouraged to apply. Good analytical skills and knowledge of computer applications are required.
2. Communication: Ph.D., M.Phil., or first-class MA in Communication or related disciplines such as English/Linguistics/ Psychology/Sociology/Anthropology/ Education/ Political Science. Those with experience in teaching/ research/ industry will be preferred. Essential: Excellent command over spoken and written English. Desirable: Experience in teaching / research in interpersonal and organizational communication.
3. Information Systems: First class MCA or M.Tech. or B.Tech. / BE in CSE, IT or ECE or MBA (Systems).
4. Economics: Bright Post-graduates in Economics/Business Economics or MBA or B.Tech./ BE/ M.Phil. (Economics). Candidates must have interest in Economics. Excellent skills in use of Worksheets and preferably databases, and good communication skills would be necessary. Desirable: UGC-NET or UGC-JRF. Some experience may be desirable. Candidates with outstanding academic achievement but without formal economics training and experience are also encouraged to apply.
5. Finance & Accounting: First Class Post-Graduate in Commerce with strong Accounting/Finance background and MBA with Finance or CA/AICWA with three years’ experience in academics or industry, M.Phil. with two years’ experience and Ph.D. with or without experience.
6. Human Resource Management: Post Graduates/Masters in Management with Specialization in Human Resource Management OR First class Post Graduates in related disciplines like Psychology, Sociology. At least two years of relevant experience. Preferably First Class in Graduation as well as SSC and HSC. Candidates with outstanding academic achievement but without experience can also apply. Knowledge of data analytics would be an added advantage.
7. Marketing: First class Masters or two years full-time Post-Graduate Diploma in Management/Marketing/any closely related subjects from institutions recognized by AICTE/AIU with three years’ experience either in Industry or Academics. M.Phil. with two years’ experience. Ph.D in Marketing/Management/closely related disciplines. MBA/PGDM/M.Phil. applicants with outstanding academic achievements but without experience can also apply.
8. Organizational Behaviour: Candidates should possess (i) a First Class Masters Degree in Psychology, Sociology or Management with specialization in Organizational Behaviour, HR, Industrial Psychology or any other field relevant to Organizational Behaviour; or (ii) M.Phil. or Ph.D. in any of these disciplines. Relevant work experience and JRF/NET qualifications will carry additional weightage. Candidates with outstanding academic record, with or without work experience, including those completing the final year of their Master’s degree, are welcome to apply.
9. Production & Quantitative Methods: First class ME/M.Tech. in Engineering or Computer Science/First class M.Sc. with Mathematics, Statistics or Physical Science/M.Phil./Ph.D. (with or without experience). UGC-NET / UGC-JRF / GATE is desirable. BE/B.Tech. degree holders with outstanding academic achievements may also apply.
10. Public Systems Group (PSG): First class Masters or M.Phil/Post Graduation in Public Administration/Social Sciences/Management/Planning/Public Health/Hospital Management/ Energy/Environment and Sustainability/Transportation or Bachelor’s level qualification in Engineering or Medicine with one to three years’ experience either in academics or industry. Ph.D. with or without experience will also be considered. Exposure to Computer Software is essential.
Preferred below 30 years.