Invites Men And Women From Indian Citizens As Per Citizenship Act 1955 To Be A Part Of The Indian Air Force As Commissioned Officers In Flying And Ground Duty (Technical And Non-technical) Branches.
Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) - 02/2021/ Ncc Special Entry/ Meteorology Entry For Courses Commencing In July 2022
i. Online applications are invited for the courses commencing in July 2022 for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Flying Branch and Permanent Commission (PC) and Short Service Commission (SSC) in Ground Duty (Technical and NonTechnical) Branches. Online applications are also invited for grant of PC/ SSC for NCC Special Entry Scheme (For flying branch) and for Meteorology Entry
1. Post Name: Commissioned Officer
2. Vacancies: 334
i. AFCAT Entry: SSC - 96
ii. AE(L) : PC - 20,SSC - 78
iii. AE(M) : PC - 08 ,SSC - 31
iv. Admin : PC -10,SSC - 42
v. Edn : PC - 04,SSC -17
vi. NCC Special Entry: 10% seats out of CDSE vacancies for PC and 10% seats out of AFCAT vacancies for SSC
vii. Meteorology Entry: Met : PC– 06,SSC– 22
3. Type of Commission.
(a) PC for Men. Candidates joining as PC officers would continue to serve till the age of superannuation as per their branch and rank.
(b) SSC for Men & Women.
(i) The engagement period for Flying Branch SSC officers is fourteen years from the date of Commissioning (Non extendable).
(ii) The initial tenure for SSC officers in Ground Duty (Tech and Non-Tech) branches would be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to service requirements, availability of vacancies, willingness, suitability and merit.
(iii) Grant of Permanent Commission (PC) would be considered subject to service requirements, availability of vacancies, willingness, suitability and merit.
4. Training. Training will commence in the first week of July 2022 for all courses at Air Force Academy Dundigal (Hyderabad). The duration of training for Flying and Ground Duty (Technical) Branches is 74 weeks and that of Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branches is 52 weeks at Air Force Training Establishments. PAN Card and account in SBI/ Nationalised Bank is mandatory at the time of joining Air Force Academy. Aadhaar Card is mandatory for registration
5. Pay on Commissioning (As per 7th CPC).:Flying Officer: Rs. 56100 - 177500
6. Allowances. In addition to pay, allowances are applicable based on the nature of duty/ place of posting and it includes Flying, Technical, Field Area, Special Compensatory (Hill area),Special Force, Siachen, Island Special Duty, Test Pilot & Flight Test Engineer, Area and Remote Locality Allowance
7. Privileges. Air Force Officers are entitled to furnished accommodation, comprehensive medical cover for self and dependents, Canteen, Officers’ Mess, loans at subsidised rates, LTC etc. Leave (60 days annual and 20 days casual) subject to service exigencies.
8. Insurance. Rs. 1 crore Insurance Cover (on contribution) is applicable to serving officers. An additional cover of Rs. 12 Lakhs (on contribution) is applicable to Flying Branch Officers.
Flying Branch. 20 to 24 years as on 01 July 2022. Ground Duty (Technical/ Non-Technical) Branches. 20 to 26 years as on 01 July 2022 i.e. born between 02 July 1996 to 01 July 2002 (both dates inclusive).
Online testing will be conducted for AFCAT entry at various centers. Candidates registering for AFCAT entry will have to pay an amount of Rs. 250/- (non-refundable) as examination fee. However, candidates registering for NCC Special entry and Meteorology are not required to pay. Details of conduct of exam, examination centers and mode of payment are available in the notification