At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs AIX Specialist, you are responsible for installation, configuration and troubleshooting of AIX Operating system. You will provide technical support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Clustering and High availability management
- UNIX, AIX Server Support: Designing, troubleshooting and storage implementation, articulate standard methodologies for during implementation
- Systems running on UNIX / AIX platforms and OS clustering, partitioning and virtualization
- Handle day-to-day UNIX-AIX operating system installation, migration and break-fix support
- SAN S/W and storage administration and integration with operating systems
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6+ Years in AIX v6.0, v7.0, v7.5 Installation, Configuration and upgradation administration on Windows and UNIX environments
- Proven knowledge of the fundamental concepts and technologies associated with AIX Operating Systems (Hardware, Software).
- Ability to perform installation, implementation, customization, operation, recovery and performance tuning.
- Demonstrable experience in AIX System Administrator and support various flavors of Unix servers along with experience in HA & VCS cluster technologies
- Validated expertise in backup reports and Initiate actions on backup failure against specific documentation. Implement changes, perform security related tasks, identify and recommend improvements to existing processes and procedures
- Proficient in patching AIX 6 and 7 / patching Linux version 5, 6 and 7, Update/upgrade OS by requests and all related works and reporting packages update for the production servers
About Business Unit
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.