Aplications are invited from qualified candidates for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) under a research project sponsored by DST-SERB, Government of India to be executed in the Department of Physics, Alagappa University, Karaikudi. The position is purely temporary, with an initial appointment for one year, which is extendable up to another year solely based on performance.
1. Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow (JRF) – 1 No.
2. Title of the Project: “Bulk Unidirectional Growth of Organo Metallic Trihalides (MAPbX3, X=Br And Cl) Perovskite Single Crystals For High Energy Radiation Detectors”
3. Duration: Two years. The position is co-terminus with the completion of the project.
4. Qualification: M.Sc / M.Phil (Physics) with minimum of 55% marks. Candidates qualified with NET/GATE will be preferred. Candidates with adequate knowledge and 1 year of research/ hands-on experience in the field of bulk crystal growth and understanding of material characterization techniques are also desirable.
5. Fellowship: As per DST-SERB Norms Selected candidate will be encouraged to register for PhD under Alagappa University, Karaikudi.
28 years (Maximum); Relaxation, if any as per DST-SERB rules.