• Collaborate with Research teams to formulate relevant financial and business questions that can be answered by data analysis.
• Leverage your strong analytical background in order to collaborate with various business partners to:
• Lead a team responsible for generating information extraction and interpretation utilities and related workflows, strategy and automation initiatives (for instance writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, python scripting etc.).
• Develop business and technical requirement documents; design and develop automated workflows; deploy workflows for automation, as well as use Third Party Data in workflows.
• Accountable for understanding business stakeholder's data requirements; data interfaces and data mappings; analyze and interpret data.
• Design and implement automation policies to help our customers be more productive.
• Communicate final results and give context and document approach and techniques used.
• Collaborate with JP Morgan machine learning teams.
Required Technical Qualifications and experience
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering, preferably in computer science or information technology.
• 6-8 years of experience across Data Analysis, Data Engineering, Automation, and Webscraping.
• Experience in integrating vendor products to a local ecosystem, and relevant infrastructure know how (taking a vendor product from POC to deployment in multiple environments).
• Expertise in sourcing, manipulating large and complex datasets, and Python scraping frameworks.
• Expertise in developing and debugging in Python or similar professional programming language.
• Strong leadership, collaboration, and communication skills.
• Results driven individual with high level of curiosity and ability to dive into details without losing sight of the big picture.
• Exceptional organization skills to prioritize, manage, and implement a variety of competing initiatives, on a concurrent or staggered basis.
Nice to Have
• Prior experience with vendor web scraping tools (Sequentum/Vertical Knowledge).
• Prior experience with Alteryx (Development and Server).
• Should be able to work both individually and collaboratively in teams, in order to achieve project goals.
• Must be curious, hardworking and detail-oriented, and motivated by complex analytical problems.
• Must be able to independently research and propose alternatives with some guidance as to problem relevance.
• Ensures re-use and sharing of ideas within team and locale.
• Able to work with non-specialists in a partnership model, conveys information clearly and creates a sense of trust with stakeholders.
• Shows institutional awareness and some understanding of applied problem solving, may require coaching and guidance as to how to most rapidly reach a satisfactory conclusion
A successful candidate will lead the application of data capture,scraping techniques, and automation capabilities from both traditional data sources and nuanced curated data from a combination of third party, publically available and J.P. Morgan proprietary datasets, with the goal of answering questions relevant to Research.
Job Type : Internship / Projects
Hiring Process : Face to Face Interview
Who can apply : Freshers and Experienced (0 to 3 yrs )