Bank of Baroda invites application for the position Business Correspondent Supervisor
Total Vacancy: 1 Post
Settlement Of Dispute: All disputes and differences of any kind whatsoever arising of or in connection with the contract whether during or after completion of contract shall be deemed to have arisen at East Delhi Regional Office and only court in Delhi shall have jurisdiction to determine the same.
Eligibility Criteria: For Retired Bank Employees Retired officers (including voluntarily retired) of any PSU bank up to the rank of Chief Manager may be appointed for the purpose. Retired clerks and equivalent of Bank of Baroda having passed JAIIB with good track record. All retired bank employees applicants should have rural banking experience at least 3 years
For Young Candidates: Minimum qualification should be graduate with Computer knowledge (MS Office, email, Internet etc.),however qualification like M.Sc. (IT)/ BE (IT)/ MCA/MBA will be given preference.
Geographical Location Of The Candidates: The candidates shall be selected from District covering East Delhi Region Area where they will be assigned to function and if suitable candidates are not available in the same district, the candidates may be selected from the adjoining area. Candidate should be proficient in local language & dialect both reading and writing.
Assigning Bcs To Supervisor: BC Supervisors will be allotted 50-60 BC Agents. The number of BCs to be monitored by BC supervisors may be escalated on higher side but not more than 15-20 % of allotted numbers of BCs.
Period Of Contract: The contract will be initially for a period of 12 months subject to review after every 6 months.
Training And Capacity Building After Recruitment: The Regional Office will conduct a comprehensive -2- day training program for the BC Supervisors. All the topics related to day to day activities will be covered in the training program. The following topics should be covered in the training programs of BC Supervisor, About the Bank, What is Financial Inclusion and its Importance, Financial Inclusion Products and Credit Products, BC Model – Working, Functioning & Technology in detail, Products and Services offered at BC points, Roles and Responsibilities of BC Agents, Monitoring the BC agents.
Assignment Of Job Role: The Supervisors will be provided space in the nearest Branch/ Regional Office for discharging their daily assigned activities. The FI Coordinator/Branch has to maintain a separate register for marking the attendance of Supervisors. BC supervisor will be allotted 50-60 BC agents and the number of BCs to be monitored may be escalated on higher side but not more than 15-20 % of maximum numbers of BCs. While assigning BC agents to a supervisor, it will be ensured that No BC agent is related to the supervisor as a family member, blood relation, close relative or having any business relations. The BC supervisors will act as brand ambassadors of the Bank. They shall be provided Badge/identity card and other bank stationeries and imparted training to develop sense of belongingness.
Payment Of Monthly Remuneration: The BC Supervisors will have a mixed structure of monthly remuneration comprising of both fixed and variable components. Fixed Component Variable Component Rs. 15,000/- Rs. 10,000/-
Monitoring And Review: Regional Office should closely monitor and review the performance of BC Supervisor on monthly basis. The FI Coordinators should be the direct reporting authority of the BC Supervisors. FI coordinator will assign roles and responsibilities to BC Supervisors and monitor the activities regularly. FI Coordinators will ensure that BC supervisors are assigned targets and monitor the progress regularly. BC Supervisors should submit their monthly performance report as per Point No.8 (Roles and Responsibilities). Deputy Regional Heads, looking after financial Inclusion activities, will review the performance of the BC supervisors on half-yearly basis.
Termination Of Services: Bank reserves the right to initiate for termination of contract by giving 30 days’ notice. However, in case of non-satisfactory conduct /misbehavior, bank reserves the right to terminate the contract instantly without any prior notice. The authority for deciding such cases will be Regional Head. Bank should blacklist the Supervisor who has been involved in fraud and a list should be circulated to Zones/Regions at regular intervals to avoid engagement in any other Zone/Regions. The BC Supervisor can also initiate for termination of contract by giving 30 days’ notice.
Renewal Of Contract: Deputy Regional Heads, looking after financial Inclusion activities, will review the performance of the BC supervisors on half-yearly basis. Based on the recommendation of the Dy. Regional Manager and after assessing performance of the BC Supervisors, the Regional Heads will accord approval for further continuation/ termination of the BC Supervisor. The migration of the existing BC Supervisors to new modified policy will be done at the time of their review.
Age Limit: For Retired Bank Employees: The maximum age for continuation of BC supervisors will be 65 years, For Young Candidates: The maximum age for continuation of BC supervisors will be 65 years.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Monitor 50-60 BCs assigned to them.
2. Ensure that banking services are available to the identified villages/ SSAs (Sub Service Areas)/ Non-SSAs including communities in urban/metro areas.
3. Educate BCs about their roles and responsibilities.
4. Ensure redressal of grievances of customers/BCs and submit feedback to link branch with copy to Regional Office.
5. Conduct meetings in the villages/SSAs/Non-SSAs as well as communities in their operational area to encourage villagers/customers for availing of banking services of our bank and submit the report to Regional Manager.
6. Visit to allocated villages/ SSAs/ Non-SSAs as well as communities in their operational area and BC points in the district at least once in 15 days and submit the report to FI coordinators of the Region.
7. Monitor & Control the activities of the BCs in coordination with link branch. BC supervisors must ensure that BCs remain active
8. Ensure that the BCs are operational during the working hours as per extant guidelines of the bank. To ensure that the BCs are available on daily basis and transactions in the BC points are taking place as per prescribed norms/guidelines. Ensure that BCs are not doing any type of off-line transactions at BC points.
9. Ensure that BCs are engaged in cross selling of our bank’s and third party products.
10. Ensure that BCs are engaged in recovery of our bank’s dues.
11. Conduct financial literacy sessions with villagers/communities during his visit to the villages/BC points.
12. Ensure that BCs have displayed the Dos &Don’ts board at BC points.
13. Ensure that BCs are issuing only system generated slips to customers.
14. Ensure that BCs are not using any stationery of the bank.
15. BC Supervisor must take feedbacks from local customers regarding functioning of the BC agent during his visit and submit the feedback/Report to Regional Office.
16. Plan and organize camps in consultation with the link branch /Regional Office from time to time for achieving various targets.
17. Coordinate with the branch and service provider for appointment of BCs for suitably identified locations.
18. In case of attrition of BCs, coordinated action should be taken for substitution of BCs at the earliest to ensure that continued banking services are available to customers.
19. To identify BCs for uncovered villages allotted by DFS.
20. Ensure that the details of field BC and officer visiting the village are displayed in the village.
21. Coordinate and interact with link branch, Regional Office and Corporate BCs and submit the suggestions for improvement of BC activities, if any.
22. Arrange for locational training programs on technical updates, operational guidelines etc for BCs.
23. The BC Supervisor will monitor the performance of each BC through dash board.
24. The BC Supervisors will be responsible for fixation of targets and monitoring the progress visà-vis target. BC Supervisor will be evaluated based on the performance and achievement of various targets of BC agents.
25. Region shall allocate village wise monthly targets for business development under financial inclusion to link branches. The BC supervisors would monitor the business development in village vis-à-vis targets. In the case of non-achievement of targets of financial inclusion in case more than 50% of BCs under particular supervisor for consecutive 2 months or any 2 quarters, the performance will be reviewed for continuation of service by Regional Head and if deemed fit, he/she can be discontinued with prior approval of Zonal Head. BC wise target has been allotted to all the corporate BCs by FI department HO.
26. Perform quarterly Verification of Cash with BCs and submit report to the link branch.