BHEL invites applications for 03 (Three) Positions of Lead Consultant in the area of Project Management /Project Execution for its Power Sector Projects. Place of posting shall be at Corporate Office, Power Sector including Regions or Project Sites as per Company Requirements. The position shall report to Director – Power.
1. Name of the Post: Lead Consultant
2. No of Post: 03
3. Emoluments: The Lead Consultant will be paid a consolidated fee of Rs. 1,00,000/- per month. In addition, mobile phone charges (Upto Rs 2000) for one connection, Transport allowance at 10% of consultancy fee and Housing allowance as per applicable rates shall be admissible. Further, Senior Consultant/ Lead Consultant shall be eligible for TA/DA on official tours, as per rules.
4. Qualification Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in any Engineering Discipline. Masters in Engineering is desirable.
5. Experience (as on 01st of December, 2021): Any retired executive (BHEL equivalent grade of E9 Level for Lead Consultant) from PSUs/Autonomous Organizations/Central/State Government/ Members of National Level Professional Institutions or any other organizations including Private Sector* Organizations and meeting following eligibility criteria can apply: *Private Sector mentioned above is a company where the annual turnover is Rs 10,000 Crs or more. (Average audited annual turnover of last 3 financial years)
6. Experience: (Specifications)
a) The applicant should have at least 30 years of work experience in Power Sector.
b) The applicant should have concept to commissioning knowledge of Thermal and/or Hydro and/or Transmission areas.
c) Out of the 30 year’s experience, at least 10 years should be exclusively/ cumulatively as Head of Project Management/Execution/Engineering/Business Development/Commercial/Operations.
d) The applicant should also have at least 2 years’ experience at Executive Director or equivalent position handling various aspects of Power Sector.
e) Experience of dealing with/ Liasioning with high level government authorities is desirable.
7. Period of Engagement: The period of engagement shall be for one year which can be further extended by a period of upto one year at a time or till the completion of assignment (whichever is earlier). However, the maximum tenure shall be limited to five years or upto 65 years of age, whichever is earlier.
8. Job Description: The Lead Consultant shall provide expert advice & guidance to BHEL Top Management on various milestone achievement of EPC Projects. Advice on Execution planning and resource identification for efficient and effective execution of ongoing projects including close coordination with BHEL Manufacturing Units for timely supply of equipment, monitoring of project schedule, close coordination with customer for planning and management of Erection & Commissioning activities, timely input to top management about the progress of the projects and suggest methodology for timely execution of projects.
Age (as on 01st of December,2021): The applicant should not be more than 64 years.