Applications are invited from suitable candidates for Junior Research Fellow (JRF) [1 No] to work on the following project sponsored by Department of Science & Technology (DST),under the supervision of Dr. Raghu Piska, Department of Civil Engineering, BITS-Pilani, Hyderabad campus.
1. Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
2. No of Post: 01
3. Title of the project: Computational modeling of damage in solids The project involves developing a fracture model and implementing it using Finite element analysis to simulate the fracture propagation in solids.
4. Duration of the project: 5 years
5. Fellowship amount: ₹ 28,000 (consolidated) per month for first two years, ₹ 32,000 (consolidated) per month for the next three years.
6. Eligibility requirements: Masters degree in Civil Engineering preferably with Structural Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering specialization, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Applied Mechanics with minimum of 70% or 7 CGPA. Bachelors degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering with excellent academic profile are also eligible to apply. Candidates with any Masters degree having experience in working with Solid Mechanics, Structural Analysis, Finite Element Analysis and Programming are also eligible to apply. Candidates with a valid GATE score will be given preference.