1. Post: Consultant-technology Management, Semt, Lakshadweep
2. Roles and Responsibilities: Job Objective: The objective of this job is to assist the State Government on technological issues related to core infrastructure, MMPs and other e – governance projects
3. Technical Appraisal: Conduct technical appraisal of the various project reports received from the State Departments and technical evaluation of various proposals received from bidders.
a. Assist State / UT in technical evaluations of external agency proposals related to implementation of various e – governance initiatives
b. Assist State / UT in price negotiations related to IT goods procurement
c. Support in monitoring / help establish suitable network / IT infrastructure monitoring system at the State level
d. Help develop the capability in the areas of preparation of scope of work, carrying cost-benefit analysis amongst various technological and policy options, preparing RFPs, selection of implementing agencies, managing and getting the best out of implementing agencies and technical support so as to optimize the benefits.
e. All interdependencies, overlaps, conflicts, standards, overarching architecture, interoperability, security, legal aspects etc. across projects as well as core and support infrastructure shared across several projects would fall under the purview of this team. The team will work under the State IT department but will provide support to all the Departments in the implementation of IT projects in the State / UT related to various projects under Digital India.
f. Ensure that the requirements of State departments in matters like preparation of EoI / RFP/ Contracts / PPP and other related matters are suitably addressed.
g. Formulate program management strategies in consultation with the State IT Department / IT Society / external consultants.
h. Support the State Government in the roll out of awareness and communication efforts as part of the NeGP
i. In addition to above Primary Responsibilities the incumbent may be assigned any other task from time to time by State IT Secretary/ Head of Nodal Agency / Head SeMT
5. Essential Criteria: Qualification: B.E / B. Tech / MCA
6. Experience: 4 plus years of experience in IT Projects, software development, security management in IT projects. Preferred Industry certifications like PMP, PMI, Prince 2 etc. are desirable. 2 years experience of managing a complete life cycle of large scale IT / eGovernance projects.