1. Name of the post: Deputy Director (Technical).
2. Number of posts: 1 (One)
3. Classification of post: Group ‘A’ Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post
4. Pay Scale: Level-11 of the Pay Matrix
6. Eligibility conditions for appointment on Deputation (including shortterm contract) basis: Officers under the Central Government or State Governments or Public Sector Undertakings or Recognized Universities or Research Institutions/ Statutory or Autonomous Organizations:-
(a)(i) Holding analogous post on regular basis in parent cadre or Department; or
(ii) With five years regular service in post in Level-10 (Rs. 56100- 177500) in the pay matrix or equivalent in parent cadre/Department; and
(b) Possessing the educational qualifications and experience as under:-
I(i) B.E. or B. Tech in Oil Technology from a recognized University or Institute; or
(ii) Degree in Science with post graduate diploma in sugar technology from a recognized University or Institute and;
II. five years experience of working in sugar or edible oils sector in an institute or organization under the Central Government or State Governments or Public Sector Undertakings or Statutory or autonomous bodies or recognized Universities or research Institutions.
8. Desirable: M.Sc. in Chemistry or post graduate degree in Oil Technology from a recognized University or Institute.
9. Duties attached to the post:
A. Sugar (i) Scrutiny of proposals for setting up new sugar mills under the provision to Sugarcane (Control) Order, 1966 and request received from Sugar Mill regarding change of name ownership etc.
(ii) Allotment of short name/ plant code to the newly established sugar mills.
(iii) Processing of research project for grant in-aid for research work relating to development sugar industry.
(iv) Examination of expansion proposal of sugar mill to increasing cane crushing capacity, extension of IEM and matters connected with import/ export of Sugar, Ethanol etc.
B. Oils (i) Overall monitoring of import/ export duty structure, availability and consumption of edible oils in the country.
(ii) Overall monitoring of Vegetable Oil Products Production and Availability (Regulation) Order, 2011.
The maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation (including short-term contract) shall be not exceeding 56 years as on the closing date for receipt of applications.