Advt. No. 01/2017
40 Engineer Trainee (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical) Posts through GATE 2018 in Tehri Hydro Development Corporation Limited (THDC) on permanent basis.
Discipline and Category-Wise Vacancies:
1. Engineer Trainee (Civil)- 15 (UR-08, SC-02, ST-01, OBC-04)
2. Engineer Trainee (Electrical ) – 15 (UR-08, SC-02, ST-01, OBC-04)
3. Engineer Trainee (Mechanical) - 10 (UR-06, SC-01, ST-01, OBC-02)
Qualification : Full time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (B.E/B.Tech/B.SC(Engg.) from a recognized Indian University/Institute Approved by AICTE.
Percentage of marks : Minimum 65% or Equivalent CGPA *
Overall Percentage of Marks :
1. Candidates with not less than 65% marks, taking average of all the Semesters/Years, irrespective of the weightage given to any particular semester/year by the University/Institute in Qualifying Educational Qualification (B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc(Engg.) and also not less than 65% marks in XII & X examinations taking average of all subjects will only be considered. Candidates with 64.99% marks are not eligible and the same shall not be rounded off to 65%.
2. Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination and possess valid mark sheet of Engineering in the relevant discipline on the date of making application. Candidates who are appearing in final qualifying examination in 2018 are not to apply.
Valid Score in the GATE-2018 :
Post / Corresponding GATE 2018 Paper Code :
ET (Civil )/ CE
ET (Electrical)/ EE
ET (Mechanical) /ME
Compensation package : The organization offers a very attractive pay package. Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs. *20,600-3%-46500 (IDA) (Provisional) during the period of training. On successful completion of training, the candidates will be absorbed as Sr. Engineers in E-3 Grade in the pay scale of Rs. 24,900-3%-50,500 (IDA) (Provisional).
Upper Age Limit : 30 years as on 31.01.2018
Selection Process :
1. Candidates shall be shortlisted out of the candidates registered with THDCIL as per merit based
on the GATE -2018 marks and will be extended “Offer of Appointment” on provisional basis.
2. The Selection process will be entirely based on the GATE -2018 score (Normalized Marks
out of 100) is valid for this recruitment process. GATE Score of 2017 and prior is not valid.
3. There will be no Group Discussion and Interview and selection will be based purely on
4. The normalized scores of GATE will form the basis of merit list.
5. The merit list shall be separate for General/OBC(NCL)/SC/ST/PwD category.
6. In case the GATE Score-2018 of two candidates are same then marks obtained in
Qualifying Examination (Engineering degree) will form the basis, in case the marks of
Qualifying Examination (Engineering degree) is also same than marks obtained in class XII
will be taken into consideration, in case the marks of Class XII is also same than marks
obtained in Class X will be taken into consideration. In case the number obtained in Class X
is also same than Date of birth will be taken into consideration for preparing merit between
such two candidates and person born earlier shall be considered.
7. Original documents in respect of education qualification & community certificate (if applicable)
need to be produced at the time of Joining for verification
8. The SC, ST, OBC candidates who are in same merit as that of a general candidate but have
not availed any relaxation available to them shall be included in General merit.
Placement : The Selected candidates shall be required to undergo one year training as per schedule. The training period can be extended if performance of the trainee is not found satisfactory. The place of posting will be decided after successful completion of training, based on requirement of various units/projects/offices of the Corporation. Candidates can be posted, across the country & abroad, in any of the functions at projects/stations or offices including joint ventures & subsidiary companies of THDC India Ltd.
Service Agreement Bond : The selected candidates who belong to General & OBC category will be required to execute a Service Agreement Bond of Rs 2,50,000/- (Rupees Two lakh fifty thousand only) and SC/ST/PH candidate Rs 1,25,000/- ( Rupees One lakh twenty five thousand only) to successfully complete the prescribed training and thereafter serve the company for at least 03 years.
Fee :SC/ST/PwD/ Ex-SM/ Departmental candidates are exempted from payment of application fees. Candidates are required to login to their candidate login section and then deposit non-refundable application fees of Rs. 500/- through online mode only. On submission of application fees, their application process will be treated as complete.
Job Type : Full Time
Hiring Process : Written-test
Who can apply : Freshers