English Editor and Proofreader
Experience: 2 years to 7 years
1. Copy-edit manuscripts.
2. Improve the sentence structure, clarity, smoothness, coherence and consistency of the writing, through carrying out line-by-line editing.
3. Check for correctness in grammar, usage, syntax, and other mechanics of style.
4. Ensure the author's original meaning and voice are retained in the edited manuscript.
5. Ensure consistent adherence to the given formatting requirements (which may apply to the layout, margins, typography, headings, tables, figures, lists, etc.),as well as referencing requirements.
6. Proofread manuscripts.
7. Remove mechanical errors and inconsistencies in the manuscript (including orthographical, grammatical, typographical and punctuation errors, etc).
8. Remove deviations from the given style sheet, referencing and/or formatting requirements.
9. Critique of manuscripts.
10. Provide the author of the manuscript with critical, constructive and courteous feedback regarding the form as well as the content of their writing, through making comments in the document.
11. Point out internal discrepancies and lacunae, if any, in the manuscript's content (including facts, arguments, opinions, ideas, etc.).
12. Point out overall structural or organizational problems, if any, in the manuscript's content.
Our selection process comprises four steps: a brief screening interview, a written editing test 1, a writing editing test 2, and then a final personal interview.