The incumbent will be responsible for adding scientific rigor to complement research efforts at HITLAB India, catalyzing transformational change in healthcare through innovation and science-driven technology development and evaluation.
(S)he will work with all stakeholders academic departments, scientists, policy makers, corporates, non-profits, multilateral agencies, entrepreneurs to explore ideas on the innovative use of technology, create new technology for diverse contexts and therapeutic areas, test the efficacy of technology and finally, diffuse efficacious technologies and ideas into the community and market.
Key responsibilities: The incumbent will be responsible for:
Grant execution and support (80%):
- Work across the ideation, creation, evaluation and diffusion impact streams at HITLAB to provide research and implementation support.
- Support ideation grants by carrying out background research, benchmarking, trend analysis, and identification.
- Aid the HITLAB India and global evaluation team by developing research protocols, obtaining all necessary approvals (IRB etc.), consent from participants, and data analysis and reporting.
- Work with the creation team to test the feasibility of new ideas and provide assistance throughout the product life cycle.
- Work to support HITLABs mission of diffusion through education, publications and community events. Assist with the ideation, planning, and coordination of world class innovation-centric events in collaboration with leading experts across academic departments, external agencies, vendors and suppliers, public relations agencies and internal HITLAB staff.
Grant Development (15%):
- Prospecting research to understand organizational programs, goals, and needs to assist the HITLAB India and global teams in identifying new grant opportunities.
- Creating and developing quality materials: narratives, applications, and supporting documents to submit grant applications.
- Identifying and establishing relationships with research sites, experts, and vendors as needed.
- Liaising with sponsors to ensure that the grant proposal meets all relevant guidelines and requirements.
- Prioritizing multiple projects to efficiently meet deadlines and assisting in the development of annual grants strategy plan.
Community building (5%):
- Outreach to potential fellows and partners academic departments, key executives and change makers in healthcare - who share HITLABs mission of improving healthcare outcomes and access through the innovative use of technology.
- Identifying potential synergies with potential partners and change makers, to further the impact of digital health ideas and solutions.
PhD in public health, life sciences, biomedical engineering, biomedical informatics, e-governance, statistics, economics, computer sciences or a related field.
Masters degree in public health, life sciences, biomedical engineering, biomedical informatics, e-governance, statistics, economics, computer sciences or a related field AND 1-2 years of experience in healthcare research.
Bachelors degree in public health, life sciences, biomedical engineering, biomedical informatics, e-governance, statistics, economics, computer sciences or a related field AND 3-4 years of experience in healthcare research.
Excellent research and critiquing skills; ability to assimilate exhaustive information and identify key concepts.
Strong ability to articulate scientific knowledge in a simple and lucid manner
Creative, with the ability to think laterally about problems
Desire to learn new concepts and technologies
Motivated to improve outcomes and impact lives globally