High Court of Bombay invites applications for the position President
Applications are being invited for the post of President, State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission, Maharashtra under the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 and Rules framed thereunder.
1. Name of the Post: President
2. Eligibility Criteria: A person who,
i) is a citizen of India;
ii) is, or has been a Judge of the High Court;
iii) The applicant must have sufficient knowledge of Marathi so as to enable to speak, read, write and translate from Marathi to English and vice versa.
3. Procedure of appointment - Appointments will be made by the State Government on the recommendation of the Selection Committee constituted under Rule 6(1) of the Consumer Protection (Qualification for appointment, method of recruitment, procedure of appointment, term of office, resignation and removal of President and Members of the State Commission and District Commission) Rules, 2020 notified by Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution vide notification dated 15.7.2020.
4. Term of Office - President, State Commission shall hold office for a term of four years or up to the age of sixty-five years whichever is earlier, and shall be eligible for re-appointment for another term of four years subject to the age limit of sixty-five years, and such re-appointment is made on the basis of the recommendation of the Selection Committee.
5. Salary, allowances, and terms and conditions The Salary and allowances and conditions of service of the President, State Commission will be as per Maharashtra Consumer Protection (Salary, Allowances, and Conditions of Service of President and Members of State Commission and District Commission) Rules, 2021 as notified by the State Government vide notification it. 01.10.2021.
Age Limit of sixty-five years