Applications are invited through e-mail for the appointment of Research Associate-I in the School of Physical Sciences, IACS.
1. Name of the post: Research Associate-I
2. Number of post: One (01)
3. Essential Qualifications: Candidates must have a Ph.D. degree in Physics, Material Science, Nanoscience or Nanotechnology or related field with relevant research experience from a recognized University or Institute.
4. Candidates who have submitted the thesis and awaiting award of degree may also apply. Candidate must produce a letter from his/her Ph.D. supervisor stating that the thesis has been submitted and the final viva/defense is pending.
5. Desirable qualifications: Candidates with experience in growth of 2D materials using CVD and electrical transport measurements will be preferred.
6. Tenure of Fellowship: Six months from the date of joining as RA-I / Bridge fellow. Fellowship may be extendable upto one year subject to availability of the said position and an evaluation after six months as per the rules of the Institute.
7. Fellowship:`47,000/- (for RA-I) or `35,000/- (Bridge Fellow) per month + HRA as per rules of the Association.
8. A selected candidate holding a Ph.D. degree at the time of joining will receive the fellowship of the RA-I position from the date of joining.
9. A selected candidate who is yet to receive Ph.D. degree may join only after the submission of his/her thesis within the time-limit mentioned earlier subject to documentary proof of the thesis submission.
10. Such candidates will draw a fellowship amount as appropriate to a bridge fellowship as per the rules of IACS and will be eligible to receive the full RA-I fellowship from the award date of the doctoral degree, supported by documentary proof.
11. The post is purely temporary, and it would, therefore, not confer any right/claim implicit or explicit for any attending the interview