International Centre for Theoretical Science (ICTS) invites application for the position Project Scientific Officer
The International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR),a premier research center (an Autonomous, Grant-in-Aid Institution of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India and a Deemed University) is looking for a highly motivated and self-driven individual for the post of Project Scientific Officer (Academic Office) under the unreserved category at its Bengaluru Campus. The required details are given below:
1. Post Name: Project Scientific Officer (Academic Office)
2. No. of Post: 01
3. Essential Qualifications & Experience:
a) Full Time Masters degree in Science (with aggregate of 60% marks) from a recognized university/institute in relevant subject/discipline. OR Full time Degree in Engineering (BE/B.Tech with aggregate of 60% marks) from a recognized university/institute in relevant subject/discipline.
(b) Minimum two years of experience in a similar job profile.
4. Job Profile: This job involves providing administrative support related tasks of the Centre. This broadly includes the following functions:- Managing the graduate admissions, resource planning, academic affairs i.e. monitoring coursework, academic progress, TMC, Ph.D. registration, synopsis, thesis, defense, extensions and implementing rules Liaising with University Cell, SBP, SBM, DAE, PRO’s office, local institutes Managing SNBhatt, LTVSP, postdoc program, special lectures Monitoring visitors’ program, seminars and colloquia, troubleshooting, preparing reports, maintaining PDF archive, database management, handling recruitment of academic office
Any other task assigned by the Centre Director
5. Depending on experience and performance in the selection process, the selected candidate may be placed as either Project Scientific Officer B (consolidated pay 64,000 pm) or Project Scientific Officer C (consolidated pay 78,500 pm). The consolidated pay is inclusive of HRA.
6. Prescribed age should not exceed as on January 01, 2022 for the above post.
7. Appointment for the above post will be initially for one year which may be extended depending upon the individual’s performance and the requirements of the Centre. The selected candidate will be required to join immediately.
Maximum 28 years (Age relaxation as per rules)