We are inviting applications for research associate/s, preferably with postgraduate (master’s) degree or a PhD in the Information Systems, Management, Data Science, Computer Science & Engineering or related fields in the Centre for Digital Transformation at IIM Ahmedabad.
1. Position: Research Associate
(i) Candidates with Master’s or Ph.D. degree in management/information systems/computer science or social and economic related disciplines are preferred.
(ii) Candidates should be proficient in Python or R. They should be comfortable with creating large datasets, analyzing, and visualizing them. Candidates having experience in natural language processing and text analytics will be given preference.
(iii) Candidates should be well versed with secondary data analysis. Candidates proficient in running econometrics/statistics models are preferred. Prior experience working with panel datasets and knowledge of Stata is desirable.
(iv) Candidates who understand the scientific process, including being comfortable doing a literature review by reading and summarizing research papers will be given preference.
3. Project Tenure: The appointment is initially for 6 months with a potential for extension based on performance.
4. Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with qualification and experience of the candidate.
5. Location: The selected candidate will be working from IIM Ahmedabad campus (exceptions may be considered, given the current situation). IIMA provides access to the library and computer center for all Research Associates. If selected, the candidate is expected to manage their own accommodation, outside the IIMA campus which is centrally located within the city of Ahmedabad.
6. Reporting: The selected Research Associate will be reporting to Prof. Adrija Majumdar and Prof. Pankaj Setia, Chairperson Centre for Digital Transformation.
7. Role Description:
(i) The position involves working on different research projects focused on retail business and technologies, and social media.
(ii) The candidate will work with predefined projects with faculty supervisor/s. Responsibilities of the research associate may include one or more of the following: data extraction or web scraping to create datasets, data science programming in Python/R, running large panel data models, creating impactful data visualizations, literature review, writing parts of manuscripts amongst other such activities involved in academic research publications.
(iii) Applicants should be well-versed with the key ideas underlying digital technologies. The position requires the applicant to have a research acumen as an essential qualification and people who are keen to pursue a PhD later on are highly encouraged to apply.