The Indian Institute of Management Indore, Learning Centre is looking for the young, dynamic, tech-savvy, highly motivated and committed Fresh Graduate/Post-Graduates in Library & Information Science from recognized Indian universities with a consistently good academic record to join as Library Apprentice Trainees purely on a temporary basis for one year.
1. Post Name: Library Apprentice Trainee
2. Essential Qualifications: Fresh Graduates / Post-Graduates in Library & Information Science with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade(if no class awarded from recognized Indian universities) and having a consistently good academic record.
a. Candidates who have appeared for their final year examination (BLIB, MLIB or Equivalent) and are expecting results soon may also apply. In case a candidate is selected and he/she fails to submit the final marks sheet in support of fulfilment of his/her essential qualification criterion at the time of joining, his/her selection would automatically stand cancelled and such candidate will not be allowed to join the traineeship.
3. Desirable Criteria: Basic working knowledge of IT and IT applications related to libraries. Basic knowledge of searches of the Databases Aware about the Technical Processing Knowledge of MARC II and DDC Essential working knowledge of retrieval of bibliographic information of books/ebooks from different sources
4. No. of Post: 04
5. Nature of Traineeship: Learn while you work on different functions & services of the IIM Indore Learning Centre.
6. Duration: The duration of traineeship will be for one year from the date of joining the Institute.
7. Remuneration: Consolidated stipend of Rs.15,000/-per month.
8. The selected candidates will have to come to the Institute daily (six days in a week). They may be called in different shifts, on weekends and Institute holidays on a rotation basis during the one-year period of apprenticeship. Compensatory off would be provided for working on Institute holidays.