Indian Institute of Management Rohtak (IIM Rohtak) invites application for the position Systems Assistant/Junior Technical Superintendent
2. No. of Posts: One
3. Pay Level- 06 (Rs.35400 – 112400)
4. Qualification: B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science/Information Technology or related discipline with specialization in Computers from a reputed institution or equivalent. Consistently good academic record and good communication skills in English are required.
5. Experience: Minimum 5 years (3 years for SC/ST) of relevant post-qualification experience (excluding apprenticeship or training period) in maintenance and servicing of IT hardware and software in a similar position in Government or academic/research/commercial organization of national/international repute, with at least 2 years in the immediate lower Pay level 4 or 5 equivalent of (pre-revised scale of Rs. 5200-20200, Grade Pay of Rs. 2400/or 2800/-) or in higher scale. If working in private sector, drawing salary should be Rs. 30,000- 35,000 per month.
6. Applicants should have a flair for serving educational institution. Thorough knowledge of Windows, Computer hardware & software (Desktop/Laptop),networking of LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi and troubleshooting, configuration of network equipment’s (like switch and access points). Thorough knowledge of software development using C/C++/Visual basic/Java. Programming skills may be given due weightage. Thorough familiarity with application packages under Unix and WINDOWS environment databases like Oracle etc. is essential.
7. Functions: Supporting the management of IT Resources Centre of the Institute. Assist the System Administrator in performing the maintenance related to computer hardware and software. Troubleshoot the network and system environments. Provide operation support to all the users in respect to computer systems and workstations. Provide Programming support. Installing and configuring new hardware and software. Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries. Any other administrative work assigned by the Institute. Reports to Systems Administrator as assigned.
Not exceeding 35 years (40 years for SC/ST) as on the last date for receiving application. In the case of candidates on deputation, age can be up to 40 years.