Advertisement for Junior Research Fellows at IISER Bhopal, India
Applications are invited from highly motivated and team-oriented young candidates for
Max Planck Partner Group’s Junior Research Fellow (MP-PG JRF) and SERB funded Junior
Research Fellow positions (SERB-JRF) at the atmospheric Greenhouse gas Modeling and
Applications (GMA) group, Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences (EES) IISER
Bhopal. The GMA group’s research involves implementation of atmospheric greenhouse
gas modeling approach to the Indian subcontinent for climate change studies.
Number of positions: Two JRFs (1 SERB, 1 MPI-PG)
Duration: Initially for 6 months, but extendable based on candidate’s performance
Profile of qualifications:
1) Master's (M.Sc.)/M.Tech degrees in any of the disciplines of Atmospheric Science,
Geophysics, Physics, Environmental Physics/Science, Mathematics, and Chemical,
Environmental, and Civil Engineering from a recognized University/ Institution with a
minimum of 60% marks or CGPA/CPI of 7.0 on a 10 point scale (overall
percentage/CGPA/CPI; not only in majoring subject). Candidates having a
M.Tech./M.E. degree from India must have qualified the GATE exam at the time of
admission to the M.Tech./M.E. programme. GATE examination is exempt for those
with B.Tech. from IITs or BS-MS from IISERs with CGPA/CPI more than 8.0 on a 10
2) Strong background in Mathematics/Numerical methods with motivation towards
3) In addition to minimum qualification, for all candidates, National level examinations
like National Eligibility Test (NET)/CSIR-JRF/UGC-JRF/INSPIRE-Ph.D./GATE/Rajiv
Gandhi Fellowship or any other equivalent Fellowship is preferred.
1) Experience in Programming (like FORTRAN, C/C++, Matlab, Python, NCL etc.); Shell
2) Handling of a large volume of data and conversant with data format like NetCDF,
HDF, GRIB etc.
3) Working experience in LINUX/UNIX environment.
4) Strong aptitude towards pursuing PhD.
31,000/- + 16% H.R.A.