Applications are invited from Indian nationals for at least ONE post of Project Post-doctoral Fellow / Research Associate” in the NSM-sponsored project LITESOPH (Layer Integrated Toolkit and Engine for Simulations of Photoinduced Phenomena).
1. Name of the Post: Project Postdoctoral Fellow/ Research Associate
2. No of Post: 01
3. Project description: The project involves development of a comprehensive toolkit for computer simulations of photo-induced phenomena based on the combination of two excited state dynamics approaches: ab initio techniques (based on TDDFT),and open quantum system approaches (based on simple models). Target applications shall include solar energy conversion (photovoltaics, water-splitting catalysts, solar fuels, etc.),opto-electronic materials, photochemistry and photobiology.
4. Duration: 9 months (extendable with satisfactory performance and availability of funds).
5. Essential Qualifications: Ph.D in Computational Chemistry/Computational Quantum Physics/Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics with focus on excited state phenomena and good academic record.
6. Desirable Qualifications: Experience with DFT/TDDFT codes, classical / ab initio MD, excited state dynamics (surface hopping / Ehrenfest dynamics),open quantum systems, energy transport, photo-physics.
7. Salary: In the range of Rs. 40,000 - 90,000 p.m. + HRA (16%),depending on experience.