Online interview for Indian Nationals to work as Laboratory Attendant in a research project funded by SERB, Govt. of India
1. Post Name: Laboratory Attendant
2. Project title: Molecular Genetic Dissection of the Mechanism by which Transformed Blood Cells Influence the Larval Hematopoietic Niche in Drosophila melanogaster
3. Number of Positions: 01
4. Duration: 1 year (extendable up to 1 additional year after evaluation and as per the availability of funds)
5. Essential Qualifications: The candidate should have passed Class 12.
6. Desired qualifications:
Prior experience on regular Drosophila stock maintenance (washing of vials/bottles, autoclaving, preparation of food),idea about balancer chromosomes and transgenic phenotypes for stock maintenance, preparation of normal and sugar/fat/protein rich diets for flies. The laboratory attendant is also expected to take care of regular maintenance of the ex vivo tissue culture facility and other routine chores of the laboratory.
7. Emoluments: As sanctioned in the project.