IISER-Mohali (Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences) desires to engage a Research Associate under the MoES sponsored research project at IISER-Mohali.
1. Post Name: Research Associate II
2. No. of Positions: 1
3. Essential Qualification: PhD; Awarded for research in Atmospheric Sciences or Meteorology or Physics or Chemistry or Remote Sensing or Computer Sciences or Data Sciences or Chemical Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering or Environmental Engineering
4. Experience in Python programming, atmospheric chemical transport modelling (e.g. with WRF-Chem) or dispersion modelling (e.g. with AEROMOD) or chemical box modelling (e.g. with F0AM, Capram or isoropia) or satellite and remote sensing, or source receptor modelling and handling of big data is of advantage.
5. The project will also involve long periods of field work in New Delhi for data acquisition. The candidate will process large datasets and will subject them to complex statistical analysis including cluster analysis and positive matrix factorization modelling, source-receptor modelling and chemical transport modelling.
6. The equipment deployed measures several hundred organic compounds with a 1-minute time resolution and generates 300 MB of data per day. Hence the candidate should be comfortable in coding data processing routines and handling large datasets. The candidates should be willing to undertake field work including source sampling near point sources.
7. The work is physically demanding and candidate must be physically fit. Thus, it is critical that the candidate is highly motivated and passionate about field-based research as these results will contribute toward providing evidence-based decision making with regard to gas and aerosol pollution in Delhi.
8. Emoluments: Rs 49000 per month plus HRA as per norms for Delhi.
9. Duration: Initially for 1 year with provision for extension by another year and notice period of 1 month by either side